Page 1 of 3
As the title suggest, I plan on doing an in depth review of the L6 Pod HD300, something which doesnt seem to have been done in any real detail, but before I do the write up and spend a few hours recording the parts and my patches, does anybody want to hear anything specific?

Most demos seem to focus on comparisons to the AxeFx, I wont be doing that, I plan to just show case the POD and its sounds, but just wanted to see if anybody wanted to hear any specific tones/sounds/whatever.

Thanks for reading and any ideas are more than welcome,

Thanks,

Tom

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I've actually been looking in to getting one of these. I'd like to hear some classic rock/blues sounds to see if they've managed to improve on the usual subpar modelling tones provided 4 dem genrez.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
I've also been looking at getting one of these, either this or the Line 6 M9. I'd like to see a demo of you using it just how you normally would, like, what you would plug it into, what features you actually use, etc. Most reviews seem to just demo the different sounds through studio monitors, and show how some of the effects sound, which is great but I've never really seen someone just using it like they would in a real situation. Can't wait to read the review!
Will do guys,

Only two of you are interested?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb

Bastard.

Challenge accepted.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Put it in a mix with bass and drums, with no post processing.

Are these clips gonna be through an amp (input / effects loop) or DI?
they will be DI'd into reaper, I dont have an amp

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ok guys,

Keep them coming,

If anybody wants to hear the effects if whatever let me know,

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Divided by 13
Dr Z
Parkway or whatever its called

Please and thanks tom
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Last edited by JAHellraiser at Apr 22, 2011,
+1 with the djent thing use the fireball model for djent
+1 with the br00tz
+1 with the cleans with no effects
and i want an indepth review of all the effects
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
All of these questions are good, but... will it blend?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I really want to see a djent tone.. TesseracT, Periphery, Textures.. I've been thinking about going for one of these (Probably the HD500, but basically the same thing right?).

Other than just djent, I wanna see how well it can do prog metal, just stuff like Dream Theater, BTBAM, Scale the Summit, etc.. A lot of lead tones as well as heavily distorted rhythms. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about anyway

And you own a 7 string and an 8, don't you? I'd LOVE to see how it handles those.. I've got a 7 and i'm incredibly curious as to what this thing can really do.

Hope you cover this kind of stuff, thanks
I dont think he has the 7 or 8 strings anymore
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
1. A comparison of all the wah pedal models.

2. Fuzz models.

3. Recording. Latency issues etc, if any..
Ok thanks guys,

I will do my best to do all I can to cover what your after.

I can't play djent but I can rip off the tone

I will get it done after work for you all later.

Please keep the ideas coming!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
try covering incarus lives and cafo
i bet,you wont be able to play cafo
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
You'd be right.

But I bet you can't use the word please properly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
pleaseeeeeeeeeee tom
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
take a few models, such as the ac30, dz. z, and maybe a plexi, and....

get them into pretty crunchy territroy and play a riff, then roll your guitar volume down a bit, repeat riff, repeat rolling down of volume, riff, etc.

just to see how the models react
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^You forgot to say please :p
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
I just ordered an HD500, but it'll take awhile since I ordered a b-stock (much cheaper) and it's back ordered for a few weeks.... so I look forward to your review.

I'm interested in:
-some ambient reverb, clean or distorted, maybe like the "partical reverb" I've heard about.
-how good the wah is. Maybe see if you can mix the wet signal down and get a subtle wah effect, something I've always wanted to do.
-djent tone/br00tz, of course.
-the whammy/pitch pedal effect. Maybe see if it's capable of dropping your tune a few half steps without too much tone suckage, kind of like the Morpheus DropTune
-maybe an impulse vs. it's own cab emulation shootout.
-anything else involving the expression pedal, or any other interesting effect. I'm more into the effects than the amp models, I'll be running the 4 cable method with my Mesa so the effects were my main reason for getting it.
eh, i don't want it THAT bad...

lololololol. anyway...

Tom, please do what i suggested above. and thanks for doing this. it'll be a huge help for anyone interested in this unit.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Lights camera pod
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by robbo546hall
I've actually been looking in to getting one of these. I'd like to hear some classic rock/blues sounds to see if they've managed to improve on the usual subpar modelling tones provided 4 dem genrez.

Hey man sup. So I had recordedd some jams back when I got it using the preset patches. You can actually get it to sound a ton better, but some of the patches are very nice.

Here are some of these jams I made when I got it. All with preset patches. Please bear in mind I am more of an alternative rock player, and metal player.

For classic rock http://sharing.andresgallo.com/UnionSqJam/blues.mp3

Custom tone made on a rush simulating my live setup in one of my songs. Contains one guitar and live electric drums http://sharing.andresgallo.com/UnionSqJam/rnb.mp3

Another Jam
http://sharing.andresgallo.com/UnionSqJam/dissonantRock.mp3

A real custom tone I made on the same jam. Contains a single guitar and live electric drumming
http://sharing.andresgallo.com/UnionSqJam/Satchly.mp3

A jam using the looper and a dirty clean for an ambiental sound. Contains a single guitar, and electric drums. http://sharing.andresgallo.com/UnionSqJam/Aerial.mp3

Let me know if there are any tones you guys would like to hear. These were recorded in mono. We do the jams live using an electric kit, and all instruments plugged into an interface. It sounds a ton better when you hear it in stereo...more lifelike
Last edited by nyandres at Apr 23, 2011,
I'd like to see how the effect fare on their own, without any amp modelling. Pwetty Pwease??
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
try recording the same thing with the same amp, effects, cab and everything but change the mic and mic position
please
Quote by Shredding 4Life
I'd like to see how the effect fare on their own, without any amp modelling. Pwetty Pwease??

Might as well just get the M13 if you're thinking of just the effects.
FREEBIRD!

please.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I think most of the tones I would want to hear have been requested already.

It has a wah built in right? rape that thing.....

please?
Anything else guys?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Page 1 of 3