Instead of laying in bed from a few minutes to a few hours trying to fall asleep, why can't humans just fall asleep instantly by thinking about it? Especially after a long day of being awake, some people (like me) still can't fall asleep. It so boring laying there for two hours trying to fall asleep.

And by falling asleep instantly, I mean falling asleep instantly at your command.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Apr 23, 2011,
Well one reason might be that "sleep" isn't a single thing. There's different stages of sleep that require your brain and body to prepare and slowly transition through different stages.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by captaincrunk
Because you touch yourself at night. No really, that's why.

Hello Captain Crunch.
Quote by progdude93
maybe because nature likes to take things slowly?

^ then you'll sleep forever! *winning*
Quote by captaincrunk
It can if you pull the plug.

Hey Jostry, kill yourself. It works.

Quote by progdude93
Quote by captaincrunk
You need to hit your face with something harder. Try one of these.

Insta-sleep.

Silly Crunch, killing myself would not make me fall asleep. It would kill me. It seems you are confused.
Quote by progdude93
Quote by captaincrunk

Doesn't work for laptops.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
You obviously aren't drunk enough.

EDIT: ^It does if you rip out the battery
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I would think that falling asleep instantly might kill more people than you think.

Imagine driving for six hours and the minute you get tired at the wheel, you instantly fall asleep.

It would be good for population reduction, though. So I guess i'm for it in general.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Because you arent taking enough Vicoden,Benadryl and Nyquil when you wanna sleep.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Many other mammals sleep for short, sporadic periods. Some dolphins sleep for mere seconds at a time, hundreds of times a day.

We can do that if we wanted, but we just don't. We never get to that point of exhaustion.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by mystical_1
It would be good for population reduction, though. So I guess i'm for it in general.

So is cancer. And AIDs. And genocide. Are you for those too?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by captaincrunk

human equivalent of that will be taking pills.
Quote by rgrockr

this does the trick
Last edited by dhruvrajvanshi at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr

It works if your battery supply isn't hooked up to the laptop and it's being fed by the charger itself.
You just aren't taking the right amount/combination of first-generation antihistamines and opioids. Also, Horse Tranquilizers and Alcohol.

Also, Stimulants.

That is why.

speak for yourself, n00b!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by captaincrunk
I don't get the reference. My battery is broken though.

I just happen to have this friend who has the exact same problem. You try to move his laptop around, it will reboot.
Sorry bout the lame quote, tho (I really should get some sleep)
My dad can. I'm totally serious. If he needs to take a 20 minute nap, he an fall asleep in a matter of seconds, no matter where he's at. It could be a quiet room or a Slipknot concert. If he gets sick, he just goes to sleep for as long as 30 hours straight until he feels better.

It is truly a gift that rivals even the best of evolutionary mutations.
Last edited by The Madcap at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
My dad can. I'm totally serious. If he needs to take a 20 minute nap, he an fall asleep in a matter of seconds. If he gets sick, he just goes to sleep for as long as 30 hours straight until he feels better.

that's pretty cool.

I need a good 3 or 4 hour laying down on my bed, sometimes 'whacking it' furiously out of frustration.
yo.

I BELIEVE
TS needs to be introduced to a little something called alcohol and see if enough of that will knock his ass out

I'm trying the opposite...completely hammered trying to stay up for 4 hours till i gotta work....prolly won't happem...
Quote by The Madcap
My dad can. I'm totally serious. If he needs to take a 20 minute nap, he an fall asleep in a matter of seconds, no matter where he's at. It could be a quiet room or a Slipknot concert. If he gets sick, he just goes to sleep for as long as 30 hours straight until he feels better.

I can do that I wish I could control when I wake up though.
cat
Because even if we did it would take our brain a couple picoseconds to even allow us to realize we were asleep. Ass play.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by captaincrunk
I dunno. The ability to sweat magic would be pretty sweet.

It would probably still be salty, sir.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.