Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes
29 24%
No
92 76%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
Yes.

/thread
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46
Yes.

/thread

I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
No. I have a belief that everything is this world is physical. An apparition, or a ghost, would have to made of matter in order for you to see it with your eyes, light would have to reflect off the surface. Unless they are made of physical matter... but what would they be made of, and how can they think and function without a brain? Maybe we have soul, maybe we don't. But how would our soul move on and be able to think and function if we don't have a brain? Unless there is another world or dimension in which we turn over to, where everything is completely different then our physical world and we don't have knowledge or understanding to even fathom how it would be like. That being said, why would we be able to see these ghost or whatever from this other dimensional plane?

I'm rambling and probably not making sense.
Last edited by Ignite at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by Ignite
No. I have a belief that everything is this world is physical. An apparition, or a ghost, would have to made of matter in order for you to see it with your eyes, light would have to reflect off the surface. Unless they are made of physical matter... but what would they be made of, and how can they think and function without a brain? Maybe we have soul, maybe we don't. But how would our soul move on and be able to think and function if we don't have a brain? Unless there is another world or dimension in which we turn over to, where everything is completely different then our physical world and we don't have knowledge or understanding to even fathom how it would be like. That being said, why would we be able to see these ghost or whatever from this other dimensional plane?

did you just say rainbows aren't real?

Quote by Ignite

cool story bro
Quote by TimTheWizard
did you just say rainbows aren't real?

rainbows particles illuminated by light
Last edited by dhruvrajvanshi at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by Ignite

I feel like I'm playing oblivion again
Quote by dhruvrajvanshi
rainbows particles illuminated by light

I thought they were miracles, like magnets!
Yes, I do.

I have fuck all understanding of she was actually there when I saw her or if it was my mind playing tricks on me.

I'd love another shot at experiencing this sort of stuff, the adrenaline rush was crazy.

I used to have the same idea and even after I had the experience of it all it didn't fit in with 'my' view of what defines existence, very twisted.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by SadusAttack
I thought they were miracles, like magnets!

magnets aren't miracles?

damn, you cruel world!
I do, along with wizards, vampires, orcs, dragons.... etc.

Scientifically impossible actually.
You know, even though it's easy to think logically to prove to yourself that ghosts can't be real, that never seems to help when you hear a bump in the night, does it?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
You know, even though it's easy to think logically to prove to yourself that ghosts can't be real, that never seems to help when you hear a bump in the night, does it?

Humans. We're imaginative little ****ers.
Quote by rgrockr

tbh, I was scared of ghosts after watching "Ghost Stories". It's an English play that tells bout a lecturer trying to disprove the existence of ghosts by stories of people having ghosts visiting them round 3.45 am. Made short, it was all VERY scary and being a play you could actually see the "ghosts" and the dude was tormented in a coma by the ghosts.

That was a year ago and I was always afraid of being alone and awake round that hour up until a week ago, I just got tired being scared of something that plainly doesn't exist.
I don't know. But I have been experiencing really weird stuff here; kept me afraid of the dark for a while. The shit's been gone for a while now though -- whatever it was. Some "psychic" friend of a friend of my little brother said there were three ghosts here: two "nice" ones, and one "evil". The former two were siblings of mine who died in a fier a year and a half prior to my birth. I don't know about the latter. Needless to say, I didn't really believe in that.

Quote by rgrockr

This.

To sum up, yes, I might "believe" in ghosts, but I'm in serious doubt. It might've been a lot of stuff. The sounds are a bit weird though (walking on the floor above, a huge knock in the wall right behind my computer when there were no one even close to that corridor, etc.) because this part of the house was done in the early 21st century.

I do not discredit the existence of ghosts, nor do I think they're real.
Yes, call me a retard if you want, Captaincrunk.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Apr 23, 2011,
I don't like the two extreme answers of the poll. I believe people are extremely close minded by nature, especially when it comes to things behind our comprehension. I personally have never had a paranormal experience before, but there are a lot of experiences that I haven't had that I'm comfortable with saying they exist. I just don't feel like writing off things just because they seem impossible...
I believe in the "possibility" of them. There are just too many things in this life that are unexplained...

Richard
A ghost meaning 'dead persons soul come back'? not really, that's a pretty big assumption to make if you see what would be called a 'ghost', although i'm not going to say that every ghost sighting is made up and maybe some of them can't be explained at this point.

My answer would be 'unsure, but i doubt they're 'souls' if they are real things'
No. No matter how unexplainable something is, ghosts are not an explanation. if anything they pose even more unanswerable questions. Also 90% of ghost stories I've seen could be easily explained by sleep paralysis, electrical fault or plain coincidence, and have NOTHING inherent to the story that directly suggests dead invisible souls besides being a bit weird.

Ghosts are the smaller-scale equivalent of the "god of the gaps" argument. It's just that instead of the mystery of the universe's existence, it's a spoon being moved or a light going out. Ghosts are an incredibly absurd idea that are thrown around to explain almost any vaguely strange occurance, despite the fact that they go against everything we know about science, and quite often have nothing to do with the weird thing that happened.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Apr 23, 2011,
I don't think you can even define what a thought is, Ts. I refuse to answer your question.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Your poll should have had an "unsure" option.

And our science really doesn't cover everything and the only one who truly knows what follows death is... dead.
Quote by Ignite
No. I have a belief that everything is this world is physical.

What about social relations (teach/pupil, etc.) or the laws of mathematics?

But on topic no, ghosts do not exist. Ghosts have never been a valid explanation for a phenomena, they are an outright refusal to give a valid explanation.

EDIT: beaten to the point by two posts.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Short answer: no
Long answer: Nooooooooooooo
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Page 1 of 2