Hello, and Happy early Easter. I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to slide, and I'm looking for some recommendations. Does anyone know of some songs that heavily incorporate slide techniques but, in addition to that, are easy too, until I get used to the feeling of slide. Any sort of blues or rock would be ideal. Thanks!
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Well, I don't know of many songs that heavily use slides, as it's mostly used as a nuance. However, I can tell you a few song riffs that use them.

"Hero of War" by Rise Against... The opening has one slide in it.
"Get Over It" by The Eagles... The opening has a few big (5/12) slides.
"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton... The chorus has a series of slides near the end.
"Total Revenge" by Say Anything... Opening/post chorus has three easy slides.

Um... That's all I've got off the top of my head. However, if you REALLY REALLY want to practice slides, replace simple hammer-ons/pull-offs with slides. It rarely makes enough difference for anyone to care.

Good luck and happy playing!
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters. You have to start with that. It's the law.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm not too familiar with slide slongs, but i'm pretty sure Tonight the World Dies by Avenged Sevenfold uses a lot of nice, slow and what would seem easy to me.

That being said, ive never properly played slide guitar, so maybe you could check it out for me?
Depends what you're looking for. Contemporary songs? Don't know any.

Blues and slide go together like apple pie and ice cream. There are literally thousands of fine old blues tunes that can be played with slide. It's just a matter of finding tunes you like.

Generally, any tune with a standard 3-ish chord progression, a 1-4-5 progression, can be played quite handily. If your tune has a bunch of minors and such... You may have problems.

Some of the tunes I do include "Statesboro blues" , "Mother Earth", "Look on Yonder's Wall"... Stuff like that.
Quote by Bikewer
Depends what you're looking for. Contemporary songs?
Nah not at all. Thanks for all the suggestions.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by steven seagull
Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters. You have to start with that. It's the law.

I'll actually argue for I Can't Be Satisfied. Am I going to be arrested by the blues police?