i recently bought a 1967 aria diamond 1203t guitar, which i didn't actually know was that guitar at the time, for 25 bucks at a garage sale. i know it's definitely worth more than 25 bucks, and i was just wondering if anyone knew the value of it in a reasonably good condition? me and my dad are planning to restore it ourselves, so if it's expensive we definitely want to do a good job. all we know is that it's from japan & that it's quite unique, i've researched & a lot of people say that it's a great collector's guitar.

not that i'm planning to sell it, i would just like to know how much Rusty's worth
In original practically-new shape, it's worth around $250. With a refinish/rewire/rewhateveritneeds it'll be worth between $150 and $350, depending on the buyer. It's an obscure enough guitar that the market depends entirely on who logs onto eBay the day it's ending and whether they've paid their water bill. Either way, though, you made out like a bandit. Those old hollow Arias are awesome.
I say about $500 because of its unique shape and early release. Most guitars like this one are quite expensive. The old strat and tele copies are worthless but a unique guitar such as this one would be very valuable even if not restored.
Zero with out pictures.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
thanks, i'm from new zealand & when i converted the amounts you guys had given, i realise that i did get a killer deal, no matter if it's $150 or $500
i've got another question, what's the history of the guitar? like i said, all me & my dad know is that it's from japan & from the 1960s etc, but i've googled several times & haven't found anything satisfactory. One thing i would like to know in particular is around how many were made. i just wanna know more about Rusty, i don't want him to be a mystery guitar forever lol
Quote by AeolianSeventh
In original practically-new shape, it's worth around $250. With a refinish/rewire/rewhateveritneeds it'll be worth between $150 and $350, depending on the buyer.
Refinishing a guitar always lowers the value, as does rewiring it or replacing any parts unless you can replace them with parts salvaged from an identical guitar from the same time period. Also the work will need to be carried out by a well known guitar tech or luthier. Otherwise, a guitar is always worth more when it's left in its original condition. The more things that are messed with the lower the value. Even if you "upgrade" some parts, that lowers the value.
& if you want to see a picture of it, i've got one here. it came with strings & all that but i took it off due to rust. there wasn't much wrong with it, all we needed to do was replace the pegs & fix the strings, give it a bit of a polish up & put the bridge back on.
Attachments:
SS854870.JPG