he just seems like an excellent salesman to me. But i'm actually considering taking some lessons. If you'e had lessons with him please tell me if it's worth it, thanks!
I have subscribed to his e-mail list, and it is quite useful. You don't get mail from him that often, but when you get mail, it totally kicks-ass. I haven't got lessons from him, so I cant tell you about that, but the e-mail list is quite useful.
ROCK ON! \m/

VHT Special 6 Ultra - Head and Cab

Ibanez RG350M (black)
ESP-LTD 256-EC
Ibanez GRG 170DX

Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer
Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory
Digitech CF7 Chorus Factory
He definitely knows what he's talking about and knows how to play, but his prices are just too outrageous. He's a great teacher, but not worth that much money.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Worth it 100%
I'm a correspondence student of his and subscribe to a couple of his other programs. I've been doing it the past couple of years and am very happy with how it's progressing.
If you're serious about improving and need help then do it! Worth every penny and more!
Send me a message if you want to talk more
I'm surprised the Tom Hess hate crew hasn't arrived yet.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Quote by Ginge93
I have subscribed to his e-mail list, and it is quite useful. You don't get mail from him that often, but when you get mail, it totally kicks-ass. I haven't got lessons from him, so I cant tell you about that, but the e-mail list is quite useful.

i am also in his mail list, but i really don't find those mails useful.. they are just words (without any action)

however, during summer he was sending free neo classical lessons, they were really good!

try a single lesson, if you don't like it just leave him, you wouldn't loose a lot

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
Tom Hess' lessons are best for players who want to improve from mere expertise to mastery of their instrument. For a new player, what he can offer is wasted. A teacher who charges 1/20 of his price per lesson is going to do just as much for a beginning student as he is.