hello

ive found a nice used Eclipse I (I, not II) thats a year old. i could get it for for around the same price as a new EC 1000.. i do prefer 22 frets. the eclipse has 2 tone and 2 vol knobs though which im quite apprehensive about - has anyone got any experience with 2 tone/2vol ? it also has no seperate compartment for the emg battery but thats not a big issue

so what do you think is the best option? and how does the eclipse i compare to the II
Two vol/two tone really isn't anything different. After you get used to which knob does which (I had to coming froom my Omen 6 to an Epi Standard) it's pretty normal. Get the Eclipse I.
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
i would go for the ECLIPSE 1, since it has a better sounding quality, 2 tone/volume knobs, and its esp not ltd (ESP have a better build than ltd, even though they are the almost same)
get the ESP. It has better build quality. however if u want a new guitar, the LTD deluxe is also a good guitar. BTW a ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage black with seymour duncans was just released for this spring.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
get the eclipse 1. Actual ESP's are significantly better than even the better LTD's, consistently. The lack of a dedicated battery compartment is hardly a major issue. as for the 2v/2t controls, there's absolutely nothing to be apprehensive about. its super easy to use (no harder than anything else) and it is found on one of the most popular guitars ever (les paul + copies)
The Eclipse
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Take the ESP instead of the LTD since it's going to a better buy anyways.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Eclipse, hands down. There's no comparison between an LTD and an ESP.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by krehzeekid
get the eclipse 1. Actual ESP's are significantly better than even the better LTD's, consistently. The lack of a dedicated battery compartment is hardly a major issue. as for the 2v/2t controls, there's absolutely nothing to be apprehensive about. its super easy to use (no harder than anything else) and it is found on one of the most popular guitars ever (les paul + copies)

nice post, thank you everyone i'm going to go with the eclipse
Quote by holycow
get the ESP. It has better build quality. however if u want a new guitar, the LTD deluxe is also a good guitar. BTW a ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage black with seymour duncans was just released for this spring.

wow
thanks to know
my favourite finish with the better kind of pickups ( i don't like EMG's ) xD

Eclipse all the way
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by holycow
BTW a ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage black with seymour duncans was just released for this spring.

blackouts ?
Quote by Heavey4491
blackouts ?

some googling gives me:

The LTD EC-1000 VB/Duncan from ESP is fitted with a Seymour Duncan JB bridge pickup and a '59 neck pickup

hopefully that helps
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
some googling gives me:

hopefully that helps

damn, 59 is a humbucker :p cheers tho
Quote by Heavey4491
damn, 59 is a humbucker :p cheers tho

You wanted an LP style guitar with single coils?
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
You wanted an LP style guitar with single coils?

AFAIK they do exist, but they mainly suck xD
the eclipses only have humbuckers
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by 3lusive
This shouldn't even be a question. ESP.

uhm..

some people who owned the LTD and the eclipse preferred the LTD, cuz it had 24 frets.
and they also told me the building quality is almost the same
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
I own an Eclipse-II USA model, and I can honestly say that the difference between my Eclipse and an EC1000 (both in vintage black, with ebony fingerboards and EMG-81/60 combo), for me at least, is massive. Maybe it was that particular model that they had at Guitar Center, but while I love playing my Eclipse, I just was not feeling the EC1000. Maybe I'm just spoiled. If I were you I'd definitely go for the Eclipse. Resell value is also better for the ESP.