What the **** is wrong with them?

When I think about it everything about the faces is right, yet it they feel so wrong?

other examples are welcome.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
What examples? :p

EDIT: I can't see them.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Apr 23, 2011,
Sexy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by CoreysMonster

Time to close up shop, folks! No more need to post!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by -Mantra-

But to be fair, that was made [the textures, shapes and facial details] from photos of the actual RL woman's face in all sorts of positions and expressions and light levels . It's not like they made it from scratch using their imaginations.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by -Mantra-

First one looks real, but ver, very creepy. Very uncanny valley.

Second one looks slightly fake, but somehow very natural.

The first one looks more like a real person, but the second seems to sacrifice a tiny bit of realism for a more comfortable, somehow more natural look.
Most of the ones I have seen look off in some places.

In the Tron pic, it's the eyes and mouth that are the give away. And they are usually too clean to look human.
Agreed about the first. If I saw that in real life, I'd run away. I think it's something about her left eye.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Agreed about the first. If I saw that in real life, I'd run away. I think it's something about her left eye.

It's her lips for me There's just something about them that doesn't look real. I can't work out what though.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
It's her lips for me There's just something about them that doesn't look real. I can't work out what though.

It's both really, the positioning and the way they fit onto her face as a whole doesn't quite look right. The effect of her mouth is actually more obvious when she's moving, it almost distracts from the eye.

Same with Clu from Tron, the effect is much more obvious when you see his face move.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Some video games actually do it really well. They don't look like actual humans, but they manage to portray their facial expressions accurately and in a non creepy way.

I watched a video about LA Noire and how it's facial movements were animated, and it's probably the best one to date. Way better than that creepy chick up there.

Movies have been doing it pretty well for years. Gollum from Lord of the Rings still feels very real to me, and I kinda forgot I was watching CGI in Avatar (in the faces, not the scenery.)
Quote by Butt Rayge
Some video games actually do it really well. They don't look like actual humans, but they manage to portray their facial expressions accurately and in a non creepy way.

I watched a video about LA Noire and how it's facial movements were animated, and it's probably the best one to date. Way better than that creepy chick up there.

Movies have been doing it pretty well for years. Gollum from Lord of the Rings still feels very real to me, and I kinda forgot I was watching CGI in Avatar (in the faces, not the scenery.)

Well Gollum and Avatar tread just on the right side of the stylised part of the uncanny valley to be acceptable, unlike the two up there who are trying so hard to look exactly human that they fall so far into the uncanny valley it's really distracting...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Good example of uncanny valley:

The Polar Express.

Unintentionally horrifying.