I like playing garage rock and I like the feel and action of a Strat. I can trade my Epiphone SG g-400 for $250 for a used 2009 HSS Mexican Stratocaster at $350. Bought the epiphone for 350 a few years back so I am a bit weary.
It's all prefrence. Neither guitar is "expensive" , so it's a pretty even swap. get them to give you $ off the strat if you can.
If it feels good to you, go for it, it sounds like a solid trade since the Strat is worth more and it's newer and you say you like the feel of the Strat.

Just to clarify though, are you saying that the trade is:

1. In exchange for your Epiphone SG G-400 (Worth $250), you will receive a used 2009 HSS Mexican Stratocaster (worth $350)?

2. In Exchange for your Epiphone SG G-400 and $250, you will receive a used 2009 HSS Mexican Stratocaster (worth $350)?

3. None of the above (please clarify)
Quote by MrOrang3
Its 1. Sorry for the confusion.

if thats the case, go for it. neither guitar is dramatically better than the other (they're somewhat different beasts too). however, if you want the strat and you have a chance to get one at a reasonable price (wouldn't call it a steal just yet), it would be kind of silly not to go for it. just make sure to play it and check it out before you do the swap.