Right now I have a Washburn Wonderbar tremolo system on my guitar, and I was adjusting it and realized that the screw I was turning had a bunch've metal shavings coming out of it. It was pretty much the main screw that keeps the spring tight, and now that it's broken and probably beyond repair and I need a new bridge.

I'm sick of trying to fix it. I've gotten bigger screws to try to fit in it. It just ended up getting more metal shavings, and then a metal splinter in my thumb.

What would you guys prefer switching it out with? I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest way to do it.

Here's a picture.
BLANKBLANK
Last edited by Arfey McFeeshy at Apr 23, 2011,
From the mounting hole spacing? (Measurements?) It looks like a Kahler would work... maybe a 2300? they are a bit pricey though. If there isn't a big routing hole underneath you could replace with a TOM depending on the holes....
Quote by Redbuildt
You can repair the hole with a Heli-coil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_insert
Or send the bridge to me, I'll fix it, and install it in my L59 and test it for about 10 years. By that time you wont know where to find me.

I might try try. The Heli-coil part. :p I'd have to find the exact thready though.

Quote by swilcox26
From the mounting hole spacing? (Measurements?) It looks like a Kahler would work... maybe a 2300? they are a bit pricey though. If there isn't a big routing hole underneath you could replace with a TOM depending on the holes....

I could buy the whole Wonderbar system cheaper than that Kahler. There's routing hole about a half inch deep.
BLANKBLANK