Hi. okay so recently (like a couple days ago) my wrist of my left hand started hurting and it prevents me from playing. maybe its from too much pressure? idk. I have been training on the metronome lately which could probably be the problem. I started to realise it was hurting after I finished some scales with alternate picking at around (16th notes)150 bpm. I've wrapped it up in some medical tape since and its still been hurting. any suggestions on what i should do? thanks
Why am I Hearing Voices?
---
---PEACE
Not Insane!
PEACE
FUNERAL
Last edited by aktoastmaster at Apr 23, 2011,
How low is you guitar hanging? I used to play mine low and experienced this all the time.
You could have RSI depending on how good your technique is, bad technique at those speeds is bound to cause damage.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Its not low at all. its actually fairly high. the top of the gtrs body rests around the top of my stomach
Why am I Hearing Voices?
---
---PEACE
Not Insane!
PEACE
FUNERAL
i had exactly the same problem quite a few times, i got it when learning Tender Surrender for a few hours. It'll go after about a week if you dont play guitar
Yeah I had that when I was a doing thast kinda stuff for the first time... Just take it easy, practice abit slower for a while, and you get used to it and it gets easier Or try less pressure in your picking, that helps sometimes
Training with a metronome does not cause wrist pain.

I'm guessing you're holding your wrist at a bad angle. Can you post a picture/video of your hand position?