Hello,
i have an ibanez 10g for home practice. But now when i turn it on it starts to hum (the loudness of the hum is not affected by turning the amps knobs) and when i plug in the guitar, it does nothing, just hums. Any clues what this might be and how to fix it? Thank you
LP owners unite!
Boss OD3
Loose wire? That's be my best guess. Also, try a different cable and check all the wires in the jack of your guitar.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Apr 23, 2011,
@conor-figgy the guitar is just fine, with another amp works well
@andyscoot the amp does just "tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" no matter if the guitar is plugged in or not
@kirky boy i have this just for home practice. i have crate v30h for playing with band
LP owners unite!
Boss OD3
Last edited by Cahir at Apr 23, 2011,
uhmm... gone AC? Could you explain please?
LP owners unite!
Boss OD3
Quote by Cahir
uhmm... gone AC? Could you explain please?

Ha ha... no!

I was hoping you wouldn't ask that. Now I have to admit to not being quite as clever as I was attempting to appear

Long story short... I had an amp that did the very same thing years ago, I told a friend ("guy 1", a guitar tech) who said "it's gone AC" and told me to take it to somebody he knew. Guy 2 says "ah, it's gone AC, don't worry, it's an easy fix". I left the amp with guy 2, went back a few days later, handed him £20 (or something that) and took home my now working again amp.

You don't need to have a guy 1, I've done that part for you, what you need is a guy 2 who knows about amps and circuits and stuff, find guy 2 and get him (or her, let's not be sexist here) to fix it.