Sorry its a day late....
Much like St. George had bugger all to do with England, this mix has little to nothing to do with St. George.

1. Samson - Thunderburst
Some of you may recognise this one, from Bruce's Pre Maiden band featuring former Maiden drummer Barry 'Thunderstick' Graham who co wrote the song with Steve Harris.

2. While Heaven Wept - Thus With a Kiss I die
Probably my favourite band at the moment, and this sprawling titan of a track of their first album, Sorrow of the Angels, is one of their finest efforts. Heavy, emotive, and generally wonderful.

3. Grim Reaper - See You in Hell
Or CUNL as my mate called it. Classic track that is catchy as hell, and very stereotypical of that NWOBHM sound people seem to associate with the movement.

4. Dark Forest - Excalibur
On of, if not the best hope for the future of traditional metal in England. Wonderful songs, with some great melodies and riffs. Only thing that lets it down is the production at times, with everything but the guitars feeling a tad under produced. But don't let that take away from the wonderful music.

5. Black Knight - Dead of Knight
I feel this song, nay, this band should be compulsory listening for everybody. Canada's best kept secret. I have to thank \Powerslave/ I think it was, for introducing me to them with his thread. Everything about this song is great, the energy, the epic chorus, the riffs, the lot.

6. Omen - Battle Cry
Classic track from one of those classic US power metal bands. Again a belter of a chorus, and some tasty guitar work.

7. Spartan Warrior - Stormer
A very appropriate name, as this is a stormer of a track. Fast and full of energy, and very Motörhead like at times.

8. Black Sabbath - Call of the Wild
The band need no introduction, but sadly I think the song probably will. One of the bands most under rated songs in my opinion. A slight departure from their early sound into more 'stadium rock' territory, but I think it's a class track.

Apr 22 Annihislater
Apr 29 rg_metal
May 6 Helloween4Ever
May 13 CG Man16
May 20 Sheepbane
May 27 Lappo
June 3 romencer17
June 10 The Wildchild
June 17 Steve08
June 24 TheReverend724
July 1 isabiggles
July 8 illuminatiano
July 15 sg_man08
July 22 DimebagLivesOn
July 29 \Powerslave/
August 5 eazy-c
August 12 - Deplorable
August 19 - we_built_a_tree
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Apr 23, 2011,
THE IDES OF MARCH!!!!!

Makes me wonder about how much the samson guys (dickinson included) actually put into the song considering Steve was able to credit ides of march to himself (granted there are differences).
Gotta have some Saxon in there, they have a massively important show on St. George's Day.
Quote by Engel22
Gotta have some Saxon in there, they have a massively important show on St. George's Day.

just read the first sentence again

edit: that and I'm not a fan of Saxon. Too bland for my liking
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Apr 23, 2011,
Class mix there. Dark Forest defintley need more love, that song especially is my favourite off the first album, just need them to release the bloody new one!
Aye, From what I gather it shouldn't be too long now though

On November 29th they said;
'We've uploaded three new songs from our upcoming album 'Riders to the stars'.

We're currently seeking a new record label to release this album with, so in the meantime enjoy these album tasters and keep a look out for news in the near future!'

That suggests to me the album was as good as finished back then.
Currently rocking my balls off to this. Class mix, and a lot manlier than the last one you put up
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Made me weep manly tears whilst battling various ethnicities. I mean orcs.

It's been so long since I've listened to Black Knight.