i have opportunity ti buy avatar cab and ive been looking for a cab with vintage 30's but this cab has kerry king g12k100's in itby celestion.

will i like these? ive been listening to sound clips but i cant tell.

i like really articulate midrange distortion like green baks and vintage 30's

should i get it?
If it dosen't sound like what you want. Only your ears can tell you that. If you want Green Backs or Vintage 30s, get a cab with those in.
i like to resemble early children of bodom tone, (i have a 5150 by the way)that id be using it with
I don't see why it wouldn't get you close to that sound with the right amp. But as i say, only you can decide if you like it. You have the opportunity to buy it right? Why not plug your head in and have a go with it?
you won't like them.

you will love them.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by andyscoot
I don't see why it wouldn't get you close to that sound with the right amp. But as i say, only you can decide if you like it. You have the opportunity to buy it right? Why not plug your head in and have a go with it?

they are not located near me. so i cant test in person
yea green bay has little going for it gear wise.

which avatar? contemorary or traditional?
if i was into 'hard metal', i would def prefer the K-100's over the V30's. the V30's tend to be a bit driven in the high-mid range that is too abrasive for my tastes. the K-100's have more stability, a more firm low end, and headroom for days and a crisp attack; some people may think they sound a bit sterile and a bit unresponsive.

i'd personally prefer to match the K-100's with a contemporary style cab.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gregs1020
yea green bay has little going for it gear wise.

which avatar? contemorary or traditional?

its a traditional

lulz
my tradional does ok at brootz. the contemporarys are supposed to be better suited for it though. they are more like the mesa or orange cabs.
Quote by gumbilicious
if i was into 'hard metal', i would def prefer the K-100's over the V30's. the V30's tend to be a bit driven in the high-mid range that is too abrasive for my tastes. the K-100's have more stability, a more firm low end, and headroom for days and a crisp attack; some people may think they sound a bit sterile and a bit unresponsive.

i'd personally prefer to match the K-100's with a contemporary style cab.

well i'm not really into "hard metal"

i'm into playing lead most.
examples on stuff i like to play would be
alexi laiho/children of bodom
van halen
bon jovi
yngwie malmsteen
other neoclassical music
other awesome rock/ head bang music

but im by no means a fan of "dark dark metal" like black metal or smthing
i dont like that stuff
Quote by gregs1020
my tradional does ok at brootz. the contemporarys are supposed to be better suited for it though. they are more like the mesa or orange cabs.

if you search guitar center used and then search "avatar" its the purple cab that comes up.

the guy has it on hold for me lol

I;m using a PEAVEY 5150 COMBO
how much? i paid $300 for mine in minty condition.

get them down to $300 or less if possible. that's what they sell for used, generally.

edit: wait, does the combo disengage the internal speakers when you add a cab or do the combo speakers still work when you add a cab?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 23, 2011,
I got my Trad. 212 for $175 with a fair amount of tolex dings. Mint speakers however, which were sold to buy exactly the speakers I wanted, which is what you could do if the price on the cab is right.
Quote by vincelombard
well i'm not really into "hard metal"

i'm into playing lead most.
examples on stuff i like to play would be
alexi laiho/children of bodom
van halen
bon jovi
yngwie malmsteen
other neoclassical music
other awesome rock/ head bang music

but im by no means a fan of "dark dark metal" like black metal or smthing
i dont like that stuff

i was thinking a bit more like 'modern metal'. the K-100's have a great low end response that goes well with slack tunings, that is why i usually bring up the 'metal' genre.

for what you have listed i would go with a G12M-25, seems to be about where those tones are at. doesn't mean the K-100's won't do, but that is just what my mindset comes up with.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae