Okay, so some of you may have seen my thread about being ripped off on purchase of a tele neck. This has of course left me without an electric guitar, and it looks as though I will be getting another on finance.

I have narrowed down my choice to the following:

Fender Strat HSS
Fender Jaguar Classic Player.

I've played both of them before, of course, and have one simple question!

Both being Mexican made, what exactly justifies the price tag of the Jag being almost twice as much?
They're some great quality guitars, but admit that jags n mustangs r just overpriced cos the hipness of being Kurt's main guitars...
The issue really is that Fender makes Strats like McDonalds makes burgers. The Jag however is a different body style and considered deluxe.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Quote by Picksqueal72
The issue really is that Fender makes Strats like McDonalds makes burgers. The Jag however is a different body style and considered deluxe.

ahaah lol'd with the mcdonals comparison, but considered deluxe by who? Fender or the customers? or just by both :S?
Quote by KBJAG
ahaah lol'd with the mcdonals comparison, but considered deluxe by who? Fender or the customers? or just by both :S?

I consider a Jaguar superior to a Strat. It has a lot of features the Strat doesn't. New Jags have always been more expensive then new Strats, partly because they're a relatively niche product and partly because the construction is somewhat more complex.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass