Okay, so I have a '95 strat american standard and it's weird because in every position (1-5) it will hum ONLY if my hands aren't on the strings or any metal parts.

For example, if my strat is in position 4 and i'm not touching the bridge, jackplate, or strings it will buzz, but as soon as I put my hands on something it stops buzzing.

I have soldering experience, so if its just as simple as that I will have no problem. I checked the inside however and all connections look fine.

*important* I did notice that my buddies '91 strat has a sealed wire going from one of the pots to nowhere, while mine doesn't. Maybe mine is grounding off of something?
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Could this also have been caused by 60 Hz Hum from Flourescents and Computer Monitors?
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
i have the same problem with my aria even on the humbuckers. Its a grounding problem which means the guitar is badl affected by the 50/60hz hum (depending on where you live)
If you touch just the metal does it go away, or is it literally any part of the guitar?
According to this, it sounds like it's a loose ground wire. I'm definitely not the best when it comes to guitar wiring so maybe you can look around and see if the ground is disconnected, or you could try the alligator clip method in that post.

EDIT: It could just be the single coils humming, though. It's a good idea to shield your cavity if you have single coils to cut down on the hum.

Check out this link - http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
Last edited by cjmabry at Apr 23, 2011,