So I wanna go test out some guitars, but im not gonna buy one right now. I feel bad for playing the guitars but I want to play a bunch of different types till I find the one that works for me.

Should I feel bad about doing this or should I go for it.

I dont want to be like one of those guys who just goes to dealerships and test drives cars. But at the same time, I dont want to buy a guitar just off a whim and regret it later
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
They will be okay with you trying the stuff, but some places will kick you out after awhile.. I get kicked out of the Daddy's Junky in the city everytime I go there because they are all pricks.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just go and play

This.. never that big a deal. Just play, shit, you're all there for music. It's all most people do in there anyway.
Just get in and try them. I do it all the time and they don't mind, the owner even likes it to see some "young talent that just doesn't constantly shred those rusty riffs"
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by TimTheWizard
Just get in and try them. I do it all the time and they don't mind, the owner even likes it to see some "young talent that just doesn't constantly shred those rusty riffs"

That only works if you're young and talented and don't shred those rusty riffs.

I never try more than one piece of equipment (or combination thereof) at a time because I get riff amnesia and I know people are silently judging me, waiting for me to stop making noise and GTFO. They're too polite to explicitly say it, tho.

I have encountered some people who won't let you play anything. They just play the amps with the best guitar in the store, but they don't let you touch it.
^I don't think of myself as a talent, it's just that the guy hates metal and I don't like playing it and every kid that comes always starts playing those riffs
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
its better to try and then choose your guitar then to go choose randomly. you can even ask the guy for help, he will then think that u are intrested
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
Quote by TimTheWizard
^I don't think of myself as a talent, it's just that the guy hates metal and I don't like playing it and every kid that comes always starts playing those riffs

Yeah, but I do like metal riffs, so I don't have the luxury of being cool and different
Every trip to the guitar shop is an exercise in shame
If you feel guilty, you could just pick up something small to show your appreciation, like strings or picks.
Depends. My local shop will let me play whatever I want. Then again I buy strings/picks/straps/strap locks there whenever I do need them. Me and my dad have bought a few guitars there over the last 5 years. They don't get mad or act rude. If you are a repeat customer they know you will one day make a big purchase and if they are smart they will treat you well while you are there.
I think it would be cool as long as you play really terrible songs and sing while you are testing them.
lol yeah mani was thinking to go and try a couple stuff out then actually buy something.

Right now i've found about 4 guitars that im very interested in, but I want to play them to see which body style i like
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
When you go into the store, tell the salesperson "I'm looking to buy a new guitar. Mind if I test some out to see which one works for me?"

Something like that.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
You don't need a new guitar.
What you really need is a new amp...

No seriously, you don't want to buy something you will regret buying. Go test 'em out.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Tell them your interested in looking and if you find one you like maybe tell them to hold it, but I don't think it really matters