I have a vox valvetronix amp and the input jack has a problem. Whenever i put the cable into the input jack no sound comes out of the amp. The amp turns on, and is fully functional. You must wiggle the cable in a certain way just to get a sound out of the amp for a slit second. I have had this problem multiple times and do not want to take it to get it fixed again. Can i fix this myself?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
Last edited by guitarguyz61 at Apr 23, 2011,
Of course you can fix it.

Open it up and check continuity between the input jack and the input to the pre amp.
its not the cable because i tested the cable out on my friends amp also its a monster cable so i thought it was very unlikely but i tested it anyways so its definately the amp. And im going to go open the amp up soon im on my way home now so ill post back witht he results in a few hours hopefully
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Just a loose input connection problably, Should be easy to spot when you open it up
WTLTL 2011
well i opened it up and i see the area where the connection is failing but the input jack is inserted is concealed in some kind of smooth metallic tin foil like piece? I found another piece just like it laying inside the amp as well maybe it fell off? Does anyone have an idea to what i might need to do to fix this?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby