I was wondering is soft any good for guitars? I know a lot of Korean companies it on their guitars. But what can I expected for it? Is it horrible or decent? Cheers bros
Most figured maple (ex. flamed or quilted) is considered soft maple. It should be fine.
From what I'v read it seems that the Warmoth site has an extensive review of most tonewoods available, might want to browse through it if you haven't already ..
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
If you make a guitar from all maple, or even just the body, your going to end up with a very, very bright sounding guitar.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by jkee290
I was wondering is soft any good for guitars? I know a lot of Korean companies it on their guitars. But what can I expected for it? Is it horrible or decent? Cheers bros

People use it as caps for mahogany bodies and you can use it for necks if you build it as a laminate with bubinga or something hard.

Soft maple's jenka hardness is 950. Hard maple is 1450. Cherry is 950, black walnut is 1010, S American mahogany is 1200, and African mahogany is 830 for comparison.
Soft maple is plenty strong enough for necks even without lamination, you just don't want to make the fretboard out of it. There's a difference between hard and strong.