I got a new guitar today, at least new for me. It's a Fender Telecaster Blackout HH Special Edition made in Korea. Pretty good, at least I like it. It has--
-25.5" scale
-22 frets
-No fret markers ON the board (some on top though..)
-Rosewood fretboard
-Maple neck
-Medium-jumbo frets
-Sleek carved-topped Basswood body
-Set neck
-Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate (Bridge)
-Seymour Duncan SH-1 RP (Neck, Reverse Polarity)
-Black hardware
-3-way pick-up selector (Like a Les Paul)
-2 controls (Master Volume, Tone)
-String through body
and mine, since it's used, came with Schaller Strap Locks.

Pickups:
I'm gonna start on these pickups. There real Seymour Duncans. The SH-1 RP in the neck gives it a weird tone, not saying it's bad. It's just different. It's warm but, out of phase? It's sort of hard to explain unless you hear it. The neck on clean sounds so warm and nice and distorted is pretty beast and growls. Both of the pickups together, well that's just another tone altogether. It splits the Pearly Gate and the SH-1 RP. So it's out of phased, warm, ballsy and just plain BEAST! It sounds so good if you want to play... anything. The Pearly Gate is extremely good. It can go from Hardcore to Blues with a quick change of your tuning and change a little bit of stuff on the amp. It's pretty beast. I know, your saying "Oh, you like these pickups so much!", And I do, but once I get the chance I'm switching out to some EMG's.. And since I play mostly hardcore stuff, it would be a wise choice for me. You may not agree, however, am I not the one writing a "review" on this guitar?

Neck:
Next onto the neck. It's comfortable, thin and flat. 15.75" Radius, fun to play for almost anything. Has really good accessibility to the higher notes. Just a good neck, you have to get used to it of course. It is thinner than regular Tele's.

Tone
Not much to say here. Sounds good. I mean it's a Fender, right?

Overall
This is my first attempt to making a review for ANYTHING, if it's not good, sorry. In my opinion it is a good guitar. Very versatile. You don't really see them around since they are discontinued but still... It's great, you just need to adjust it to what you want it to sound like. I bought it for 200$, and it was a wise 200$. If you do get a chance to buy one, with no regrets, buy it!

Thanks,
Michael
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Last edited by mwiguitar62 at Apr 23, 2011,
Interesting that you got the tele for hardcore stuff. Definately a nice aquisition though! Tele's are a class act :P
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Thanks Devopast, I was looking at LTD's for the longest time, and than I found this Fender and I was like "Hey, doesn't look bad"
Quote by MrFlibble
I just found one of these on my local craigslist the other day, and as soon as my eyes laid on it I was in love. To bad I dont have the money for it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Nice guitar man! My rec though is that when you switch over to emgs you put the extra in for the x series. They aren't as overly sterile.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
butterfingers, I highly recommend you get it. It's very versatile. Like I literally just went from SRV to Four Year Strong to Metallica and to As Blood Runs Black literally like 10 minutes ago. Amazing sustain and an okay tone for metal. I just can't imagine it with EMG's!
Quote by MrFlibble
blick71- i will look into that. i just want the regular EMG's because it serves it purpose and i know them.
Quote by MrFlibble
Set neck? Mik?

Pics?

Great price.

Do the right thing..

Dimebucker.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.

Effing a right.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.