Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my PRS Singlecut SE with possibly the tremonti signiture pups but I play quite varied genres; rock, metal & indie.

I was wondering if there are any decent modern sounding pickups which would suit better?

Thanks.
I would recommend you gibson 57 classics. they are awesome I have them on my Les Paul.
just had a listen to them on youtube they sound awesome!
im gonna go check them out at the shop to get a better taste

Thanks.
please note...the gibson 57's are 150$ APIECE...so if your on a budget then i would watch out...they sound good but they are really expensive.

Im thinking about switching to EMG 81/89 or EMG 89/60....people complain about the cleans on them, but personally i like them, i tried them out at a store. They are pretty diverse (especially the 89) and if i remember right, they only cost about 200$ for the set

OR, if you want to go cheaper (but still retain quality) go for the SH-6 Seymour Duncan Distortion...its a really good pickup thats only 80$ or so, but i have no personal experience with them unfortunately...tho i hear ALOT of good things about them
well im buying a new amp too probs ranging about £300-400 as limited funds...so not too sure. Well the stock pickups at the moment are okay but need a richer sound for live and recording.
Quote by WtrPlyr
What amp do you have?
What's wrong with your sound now?

ya, in order to get the best recommendations you need to tell us certain things...like what type of tone does your guitar currently have (dark, bright...muddy, clear etc.) and what type of amp do you own, because almost 60% of the time, your problem is your amp
Quote by VintageAmigo
please note...the gibson 57's are 150$ APIECE...so if your on a budget then i would watch out...they sound good but they are really expensive.

Im thinking about switching to EMG 81/89 or EMG 89/60....people complain about the cleans on them, but personally i like them, i tried them out at a store. They are pretty diverse (especially the 89) and if i remember right, they only cost about 200$ for the set

OR, if you want to go cheaper (but still retain quality) go for the SH-6 Seymour Duncan Distortion...its a really good pickup thats only 80$ or so, but i have no personal experience with them unfortunately...tho i hear ALOT of good things about them

150 dollar a piece ??? I got them for 80€ a piece which is roughly 100 dollars, and on thomann, so it wasn't a ebay steal.

Where did you see that price ??
Quote by itsscottyall
well im buying a new amp too probs ranging about £300-400 as limited funds...so not too sure. Well the stock pickups at the moment are okay but need a richer sound for live and recording.

Get the new amp first, the pickups you have now might (probably will) sound very different with the new amp so can make a better decision on what you want from your new pickups.
Quote by alans056
150 dollar a piece ??? I got them for 80€ a piece which is roughly 100 dollars, and on thomann, so it wasn't a ebay steal.

Where did you see that price ??

i saw the price on Musiciansfriend. The base price for them are 150$ or so i believe

EDIT: heres the link to it- http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-57-Classic-Plus-Pickup?sku=306012
Last edited by VintageAmigo at Apr 23, 2011,