depends of lenght of solo....skill of the player...dedication to learnin said solo...

with that in mind i wOuld say 10mins to ?.
yes, but I just want to find out the average, to have a general idea
Depends how much you practice. It took me maybe an hour and a half to learn to play the Master of Puppets solo, but it's taken me days or weeks to be able to play it 100% well. I'm still not there yet, actually.

Probably because I stopped practicing it...
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by symba05
Probably 43 minutes.

PS: you do realize that's entirely subjective, right?

this.
Honestly if you dedicate your heart and soul to learning it, give or take at least 20 minutes, if your an intermediate player, I'd say at least a few days to get the hang of it, I guess thats all i could say
Quote by pasnu
yes, but I just want to find out the average, to have a general idea

Look, every answer you get here will only make you more depressed. Most people here are lying. 10 minutes, really? A difficult solo?

To properly learn a solo you must transcribe it, pitch wise and rhythm wise. That takes work. Then you must analyze it, understand why each note sounds the way it does over a certain chord.

Only then you learn to play it and hopefully, after you got it, you can create your own solo to that progression, based on what you've learned.

That's what it takes to properly learn something. If you just want to memorize patterns just because, you won't learn anything.
Quote by symba05
If you just want to memorize patterns just because, you won't learn anything.

Well said
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 and Gibson Les Paul Custom is litteraly sex in my ear!!!

"THESE AMPS GO TO 11!!!!!!!!!!"

agree with both the above. I spent a whole day learning the intro to nothing else matters. can play its. now. bit well. no it needs a lot of work and still more work. solos take time and feeling.
when you can play just by the momentum of the music and it flows from you. then you can play a solo.

everytime I play something I try to improve

Rachel
Very stupid question imo. To properly learn some solos up to a good standard can take weeks. As stated before, it is incredibly subjective. What can take one player 15minutes, may take another player over 10 hours.
Maybe between half an hour to an hour for a difficult one. For an easy one maybe a few minutes.
Somewhere between 1 minute and 10 years.

I guessing this thread will be closed my the end of the day.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.