I have heard bad things about the Ibanez, and I was originally going to by the neck-thru version of that agile, but they took it off the website. Which guitar should I get? I would replace the pickups in either one.
well i havent played anyibanez i dont like

but ive also heard great thing about agile

id still get the ibby though i love their necks and also you wont have to worry about the bridge on it
Ibanez make the best 7 strings ever. The agile may look prettier, but in the long run, the Ibanez will serve you much better. The only downside to the the Ibanez is the pickups, but since you're planning on changing them anyway, this isn't really a problem.
If you're in America I would go for the agile, you'll get a very good base to upgrade for not much money. In other countries the import taxes can be a bitch (UK taxes upped the price of my agile to about the equivalent Ibby)
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
Quote by kingofstrings24
I have heard bad things about the Ibanez, and I was originally going to by the neck-thru version of that agile, but they took it off the website. Which guitar should I get? I would replace the pickups in either one.
That's because they ran out. Kurt only gets two shipments of guitars per yer, one usually in April or May, and then another sometime between October and December. Wait another couple weeks, and they'll have the neck thru Septor Elite back on the site again.
The only bad thing about Ibanez is that their stock pickups aren't that amazing.. or that's what most people say. Having an Ibanez myself, I'll say they're not the most amazing pickups ever made, but they really aren't that bad as other people make you imagine. They just miss some kind of character in the sound and that's why they're good for most genres.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I've played 3 Agile guitars; a baritone 6 string, a baritone 8 string, and a 6 string bass.

They're alright, but pretty average imo. The most attractive thing about Agile is the multitude of options they offer at a friendly price. Their guitars aren't amazing by any means.

Ironically the most expensive one (8 string baritone) was my least favorite.

I'd say get the Ibanez.
You might like Agile for the 27" scale. Or you might like Ibanez for the 25,5" scale.

The difference isnt that huge, but I preferred the longer (26,5") over the shorter for getting to use a slightly thinner string(s) for the same tension.
im no ibanez fan by anymeans, the necks are generally a huge turn off for me, but i really like the RGA7, with new pickups its a really good guitar, havent ever played an agile tho, even to canada shipping and import taxes are pretty insane, almost 200$ for shipping plus whatever import taxes would be.
Quote by Seanthesheep
im no ibanez fan by anymeans, the necks are generally a huge turn off for me, but i really like the RGA7, with new pickups its a really good guitar, havent ever played an agile tho, even to canada shipping and import taxes are pretty insane, almost 200$ for shipping plus whatever import taxes would be.
More like the other way around. It's between $30 and $90 for shipping, then the rest is taxes and tariffs. ****ing blows
how is your shipping so much cheaper if youre in newfound land? :S

im ontario, within the GTA and the base rate for shipping for me is like 190$ i believe
Quote by Seanthesheep
how is your shipping so much cheaper if youre in newfound land? :S

im ontario, within the GTA and the base rate for shipping for me is like 190$ i believe
The base rate for shipping I mean is about $30 to $90. With all the taxes put on, the shipping for my Septor Elite and hard case was $240. It almost makes Agile not worth it when you have to pay out the ass for shipping. I actually did a big thing on Agile's shipping prices to a few countries, and how Canada gets super shafted for some reason even when we're the US' biggest trading partner and everything.

Can be found here.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Apr 24, 2011,
I might be in the market for a 7 string in the near future, and I'm atracted to the Schecter Demon 7.
http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/3199/schecter-electric-guitar-demon-7/
It's about 40 dollars cheaper than the Ibanez 7 string, and it comes with a choice of Floyd Rose or Tune-o-Matic bridge.
Duncan active pickups, rosewood fingerboard, doesnt seem too bad compared to Agile and Ibanez.
METAL!
Quote by alexjg391
Ibanez make the best 7 strings ever. The agile may look prettier, but in the long run, the Ibanez will serve you much better. The only downside to the the Ibanez is the pickups, but since you're planning on changing them anyway, this isn't really a problem.

BS! The necks are awful.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
BS! The necks are awful.

BS! Thats your opinion. That doesn't detract from the quality of the guitar at all.

Quote by alexjg391
Ibanez make the best 7 strings ever.

My JP7 disagrees
They are very nice guitars, but not the best ever.