My Epiphone Futura plays great, but i should be worried about how i'm setting it up?

I have had it for a year and a half now and i have set it up normally with low action. The neck curvature is correct for the guitar. but the truss rod has no tension on it. Should this be somthing to be worried about?

The way I set up the guitar is as follows:

fret the 6th string 1st fret and the 16th fret 6th string with the other hand and measuring the distance between the 6th string and 7th fret to be half the thickness of a credit card.

For reference, i'm using 11-48 tuned to D.

EDIT: The neck is perfectly straight with no tension on the neck at all and no strings on the guitar, so the neck isn't warped or twisted.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 23, 2011,
the neck should not be perfectly straight, it needs some curvature in it, not much but enough that there is tension on the neck. a quarter turn of the truss rod should be fine to add more tension.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
but that's the thing. It doesn't need any additional tension at all. The truss rod is loose and it's curvature is what it needs to be. I would of thought you would want a little bit of tension at least to slightly correct a bit too much bow, but my guitar doesn't need it at all. It just seems a bit strange.

With the truss rod slack and no strings on it, the neck is dead straight when sighting it. Isn't that how it is supposed to be?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.