as we know since a lot of time by now band of some metal genres like death, black, grindcore etc. have used in their logos brutal, vicious, disturbed and frequently cool fonts, but I think the is a limit, I mean for god sake, sometimes you can't even actually read the frickin name of the band, I came to the conclusion that some bands really crossed the line when I see this.

http://spb.fotolog.com/photo/59/8/106/1478892/1244231896130_f.jpg

so tell me pit, someone of you have feeled like that? and if the answers is yes, what bands do you think have crossed the line?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Yes, any black metal band.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Anything worse than Sarcofago is downright wrong.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
comic sans
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO

Trieste
Quote by MH400

coincidentally, i used the first result in that search (Biological Monstrosity) as an example of a bad logo during a lecture on typography.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by MH400

holy shit, I really think the one I post was so unreadable, now I feel like a noob
Quote by Våd Hamster

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Last edited by andras67 at Apr 23, 2011,
Logos can be purely for aesthetic purposes though, who says they have to be readable? All these bands simply start off with their names, then use an outrageous font and next to no kerning to make a logo that's more of a picture than a text.
I mean, this doesn't say Jamiroquai:

but it still means Jamiroquai.
I kind of agree, but, you know, just sayin'.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Yes, any black metal band.

not at all for example gorgoroth and behemoth, they use a pretty common font
Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by JimmyBanks6
comic sans

Comic SAAAAAANS!!!!

CARRIT:

Quote by Twist of fate
*Raises fist*

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!

Attachments:
comicsans2.png
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Last edited by Snowman388 at Apr 23, 2011,
Whatever was used to write 'Opeth'. Not brutal, but it's fucking metal.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
Whatever was used to write 'Opeth'. Not brutal, but it's fucking metal.

likely just an artist,

TS, get a friend artist to draw one, so much more metal.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by nautical steve
Wow I could easily read all of them except for trieste one.

really? what does the one I post say?
Quote by Våd Hamster

I feel that this is relevant:
http://www.metalsucks.net/tag/completely-unreadable-band-logo-of-the-week/

Some of these are just ridiculous, obviously these are bands that don't care if anyone ever hears their music and you have to applaud their carefree approach, in my opinion
There are plenty of Death metal bands that use a regularish font, it's next to ALWAYS Deathcore/hardcore/grindcore bands that use the insane font's like that.

I think waking the cadaver has the most intence logo, can hardly make a letter out of it, gotta stand back, I can figure it out however because i've figured it out before.

EDIT: TS, that logo says "Here come the kraken" in case you didn't know.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Apr 23, 2011,
Times New Roman is ****ing BRÜTAL.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
likely just an artist,

yeah, you really can't make a good metal logo without drawing it from scratch, but if you guys are interested, this is a cool site i use to find fonts, and there are some that are based off of metal bands, such as Cannibal Corpse, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, and a couple of generic black metal fonts. also, Cold Night for Alligator is a cool font.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Tango616
There are plenty of Death metal bands that use a regularish font, it's next to ALWAYS Deathcore/hardcore/grindcore bands that use the insane font's like that.

I think waking the cadaver has the most intence logo, can hardly make a letter out of it, gotta stand back, I can figure it out however because i've figured it out before.

Hardly.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
They're ment to be unreadable! It just gives this moment of discovery in addition to the band's music, when you suddenly realise and shout "I've got it!!!" after staring at the logo for the last 4 days.
Quote by Tango616

yeah, I know what it says, I often listen to that band, but I couldn't figure out what it says the first time I saw it, even today that i know what it says I can't figure out some letters
Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by JimmyBanks6
likely just an artist,

every font ever was drawn by an artist, man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
every font ever was drawn by an artist, man

true dogg

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I'm think the OP is Awaken the Kraken, but I'm not sure. And some of the ones posted so far are at least legible. But yes, when you have to look for the letters in a logo to read it, you've gone to far.

EDIT: I was close
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Apr 23, 2011,
Quote by MH400

I could read that straight away Maybe cos I'm br00t4l, maybe cos I've heard so much Annotations of an Autopsy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect