alright, right now i have a squier bullet that i hate, ALOT. so lets say i bought this http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-M-10-Electric-Guitar-H71350-i1797700.gc and got some high end jackson pickups installed (my friend said hed give em to me) put grover tuners on. seems cheap enough right? but how good would it be? im not a tone psycho yet, i just hate how bad the pickups are on the squier. plus, i hate the daphne blue color I play metal, and blues
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
I changed the color on my guitar and have improved greatly.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Better pickups and tuners always improves a guitar's quality and sound drastically. I'd get a different set of pickups for that guitar. Ever heard of Phil X? if not look him up on youtube. he's incredible and he uses a ESP sg style with a seymour duncan alnico pro II in the bridge.
Anything besides the squier will sound a lot better to your ears if you are playing high gain stuff. I would just buy the guitar and see if it needs new pups or new tuners before you do anything. Most any guitar tuners will be fine assuming you know how to put your strings on properly and your nut is cut well.
I wouldn't consider Jackson's generic pickups high-end. To be honest they sound a bit bland. Get some Dimarzio D-activators if you want TAH BROOTALZ!!!1 but seriosly, Jackson pickups aren't anything special.

To be honest, man, Grover tuning pegs won't make much difference if the string nut is badly cut. Cheap guitars often have poorly cut string nuts and it is often the main cause tuning stability problems. If it is cut well though, the Grovers will definatly help.

All that aside though, it is a cheap guitar we are talking about here. If i had the money to get new machine heads, i wouldn't. I would spend the money on getting the frets level and dressed as to make sure the guitar plays as good as it can.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
@t00deepblue when i said high end i meant they came off a high end jackson, lol. and yeah i can set it up level the frets lower action and whatever
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by thrashmetalhed
@t00deepblue when i said high end i meant they came off a high end jackson, lol. and yeah i can set it up level the frets lower action and whatever

A high end Jackson? No midrange or high end Jackson has Jackson pickups. They often have Seymour Duncans or EMG's. Levelling the frets and getting a good crowning job will not be too cheap, but it will transform the playibility of the guitar. I would look into it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Kilty Boxers
I must have a low end jackson then

Possibly. But it shouldn't matter too much. If the guy has a good amp and a tone he likes, there's no problem

EDIT: Here's my opinion, thrash, save up until you can get a guitar that you really are happy with rather than spending your money now. It is often more cost effective to get a guitar with all you need right out of the box than taking a crap guitar and shove some fancy hardware on it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 23, 2011,
how much do you know about Jackson's T00DEEPBLUE?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Quote by Kilty Boxers
how much do you know about Jackson's T00DEEPBLUE?

Their guitars? Quite a lot. I've played many of them, most of which are Pro Dinky's and Rhoads. Jackson pickups aren't bad pickups, Its just that they're better pickups out there.

I don't know too much about old Jacksons though. But i'll help you out as much as i can
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 23, 2011,
HAHA.^

how much would it cost for fret leveling and crowning?
Bestow upon me magic