So, I have someone offering me a pretty good deal on a guitar, because he's strapped for cash. He says its a Jackson Chevelle, in great condition. Now, looking it up on google, I don't get any results.

So my question is, anyone ever heard of this guitar? And is it a worthwhile one to check out? Thanks!
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
perhaps a Jackson Charvel?

we'd need more specific information on it to really hlep you.
pictures, too, if possible

Charvel looks right. I really don't have any other information on it, unfortunately. I plan on going out and looking at it. Any information regarding these guitars, and quality there-of would be awesomely appreciated.

Also- I'm kinda a newbie at buying guitars. What should I look for regarding the purchase? What should I know?

I DO know that neck warping is bad, and to watch out for that. Any thing else?
Days go on forever
If you go then so will I
dont buy it unless you know how to humidify and set a neck properly.. thats why he's selling it cheap, not cause he's strapped
lol, no I mean, I know to look out for neck warping. Sorry, I wasn't very clear x.x

I have no idea whether the guitar has a warped neck or not.
Days go on forever
If you go then so will I
Hell Jackson Charvels are good guitars. If it's in decent shape go for it.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
What would be a decent price for say, a lower end model?
Days go on forever
If you go then so will I
Looks like this one (at least):

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FJackson_Charvel%2F1986_Charvel_Import%2FCh1986Page04.jpg

Thus, the Model 1. Basswood body, maple neck, some Jackson own high-output humbucker. A tremolo of the more traditional type. Most likely made in Japan. I'd throw a price estimate of 300 bucks depending on condition of course. The frets are most likely worn, beware of that.
Last edited by Rautio at Apr 24, 2011,
Depends what model, how much it sold for, condition and how much your willing to pay.

If it were me, I wouldn't pay over a hundred bucks.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Charvels are generally considered to be good guitars, but the model 1 is kinda basic, single pickup, simple trem, so I would pay less than for something with a floyd or three pickups or fancy wiring. But if its in good condition and feels nice, it could be the one you love and that's priceless.
Charvels are sweet. I cant help with pricing etc, but if its in nice condition and you like the feel Id say go for it.
Sure its a Charvel?

Not one of the cheap ones, the Charvette? Which although nice, arent worth alot.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well.. this is a Chevelle

Quote by bluejaydude
Charvels and Jacksons are amazing. If there arent any problems then youll love it
Well hold on there a minute cowboy..

There are at least three or four different incarnations of the Charvel company and a few more of Jackson. The guitars made by those companies are kind of like Chevys in a way. They range from a few outstanding models to complete and utter crap.

Bottom line if you don't know what your buying or can't tell us don't pay much.