I want to know how you guys play AC/DC's "Thunderstruck". My friend does it by tremolo picking. I prefer tapping the fretboard to get the desired sound. What's your technique?
tremolo
Edit: and i usually palmute it ^^

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
It's not tremolo picking, it's just alternate picking, it's nowhere near fast enough to be classed as tremolo.

Also: the original was picked, you can hear the pick noise on the recording.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've always done it tapping. That's how he playing it when I saw them live a few years back and that's how I learned it when I was little.
Picked...you want the pick attack to be sharp. If you want to stay true to the recorded version anyhow...IMO it sounds better picked.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
It was recorded picked but he usually always played it tapped live. I switch it up, just play it whichever way you like better but it will help you build your skill/technique if you could play it both ways.
A lot of things seem to start out picked and end up tapped. I wonder why.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's not tremolo picking, it's just alternate picking, it's nowhere near fast enough to be classed as tremolo.

Also: the original was picked, you can hear the pick noise on the recording.

+1

live Angus will showboat a bit and keep the riff going with his left hand whilst he does the devil horns, but it's still really a picked lick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com