Poll: Should kids have allowances?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should kids have allowances?
Yes
33 73%
No
12 27%
Voters: 45.
7-13 yes

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
if ur older than 13 u need to find a job

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Quote by fatted aphid

This.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
I am one of them, so yes.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I always make allowances for people between 13 and 17. You can't help it you're idiots.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by fatted aphid

Considering most states don't allow kids to get work permits until they're 15, I have to disagree with that statement.
Quote by Jackal58
I always make allowances for people between 13 and 17. You can't help it you're idiots.

I was just wondering where you were, haven't seen you in a while.

You don't know me.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
No comical third option, therfore I refuse to vote.

Once you're old enough to get a job, do it yourself, that's about 15 here.
lulz
i give my 13 year old son $100 dollars per month in his own etrade account for investing in the stock market, teaching him how to invest and save for the future. i give him a little bit of cash from time to time.
That depends on whether or not they earn it.

My parents occasionally give me an allowance, but only because they don't want me to get a job.

Whcih sucks; I actually want to have work experience and be productive. They think 15 is too young and that working at that age is "absurd".
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 24, 2011,
When I was a kid I'd get $5-10 a week for taking out the trash twice a week.

$5-10 is a pretty good amount of money for a kid. That's legos or a Dragon Ball Z toy.
i never got an allowence
im fine
im broek but im fine
in fact im looking for a job now

but they should stop at about 16 they shuld be lookin for a job yes
if my kid is earning it by doing chores around the house sure ages 7-14 is a good span of time. at 15 they can look for a part time job so they can learn how the work force is.
I never got money because i wasn't spoiled. or loved.

E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I'm 18 and currently get an allowance, but only when I do certain things. But in my defense, I never borrow anything money wise from my mother, except for food, (she doesn't want me to move out), and most of the things I do involve me missing school or driving from Windsor to London at 4 in the morning 3 times a week, (about an hour and a half drive), so to an extent I do believe I deserve it.

I do feel that I am a mooch at most times, but I always try to make up for it. Doing a lot of stuff not expecting or asking for pay, getting things for her with money out of my pocket, (that I in turn make from her ), and stuff like that.

Call me a lazy mooch if you wish, I'm just trying to focus on school at the moment. Not to mention that I don't do drugs or drink or anything stupid with my money, except save up for either guitars or a car.

On the plus side, I'm still trying to find a part time job, so it's not like I'm sitting around with my thumb up my ass expecting $20 a week for doing nothing.

I should also add that I do repair guitars for people, and roadie around town for bands and get paid for that, so I do have a "side job."
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Last edited by MetalHeadMat at Apr 24, 2011,
I had an allowance until i was 16, and then i got a job.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I would get $20 at the end of each semester only if i had straight A's.
Anything else and no money for me.
Now people wonder why I don't like spending money.
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
No kids shouldn't be given an allowance. If I had a kid and they want to go do something I'd give them money to go have fun with friends and let them keep the change (up until 15). Once they hit 15 I'd tell them to get a job.

I started working when I was 14 (technically paid under table until I turned 15), and I started buying my own clothes and such then. I started working 30 hour weeks during school year when I was 16. When I was 17 I was working full time and going to high school. It helped me understand how to manage my money well. I am about to graduate with a good degree from a good school without any loans. If my kid wants any type of education post-high school they are going to have to pay 50 percent of it them selves. Depending on how bad they want an education and how much fun they have they can get a job.
Last edited by FireHawk at Apr 24, 2011,
my friend is 23 and he still gets a $50 a week allowance from his parents. all through college he has gotten that much in an allowance. then he will go home some weekends just to try to bum more money off his mom or to try to get her to buy him some groceries. and his parents pay for his schooling, books, and all his bills. of all my friends, hes always the one that is broke and trying to borrow money from you. go figure.

i never got an allowance growing up. my dad always told me chores and helping out around the house is expected of me. if i wanted to buy something i had to save up my birthday/holiday money or get a job. and sometimes my parents would give me some money if i wanted to go out to the movies or something like that. if i had kids, id probably do about the same with them.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by FireHawk
No kids shouldn't be given an allowance. If I had a kid and they want to go do something I'd give them money to go have fun with friends and let them keep the change (up until 15). Once they hit 15 I'd tell them to get a job.

I started working when I was 14 (technically paid under table until I turned 15), and I started buying my own clothes and such then. I started working 30 hour weeks during school year when I was 16. When I was 17 I was working full time and going to high school. It helped me understand how to manage my money well. I am about to graduate with a good degree from a good school without any loans. If my kid wants any type of education post-high school they are going to have to pay 50 percent of it them selves. Depending on how bad they want an education and how much fun they have they can get a job.

i understand your point of view 100%, i was in a very similar situation growing up. i see it as a chance to give my son what i never had, if he becomes an ungrateful lurch, which he hasn't yet, then it may be time to play the hard ass
When I got an allowance it was like two to five dollars. Started out as one or two then went up as I got older. I did little stuff for it. Once I was older I just asked for money when it was needed and tried to not ask too much.

I think little allowances like two of three dollars are great because it can teach the kid to save their money instead of blowing it immediately and it lets them have a little control over what they get while still being relatively harmless.

EDIT: My parents pay for just about everything but I really try to not go through their money like crazy. They provide for me so I try to not be a nuisance.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by BladeSlinger
When I got an allowance it was like two to five dollars. Started out as one or two then went up as I got older. I did little stuff for it. Once I was older I just asked for money when it was needed and tried to not ask too much.

I think little allowances like two of three dollars are great because it can teach the kid to save their money instead of blowing it immediately and it lets them have a little control over what they get while still being relatively harmless.

EDIT: My parents pay for just about everything but I really try to not go through their money like crazy. They provide for me so I try to not be a nuisance.

This
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...