View poll results: Do you like them?
Yes
4 44%
No
4 44%
Never heard one
1 11%
Voters: 9.
Personally, I don't see the need for that money, like, at all haha, and I'd never have more than 3 mounted/hanging toms, but really, there is no too big or too small when it comes to the size of the drumkit. It's all about what works best for you, and the configuration of someone's drumkit is probably about as personal to them as the music they play.
Guys i think you've got completely the wrong idea lol. What he means is the fact that they are normal sized and shaped toms but they only have ONE HEAD. The actual number of drums on the kit is nothing to do with it, although admittedly they were around in the 70s and 80s when big kits were very much in fashion...

like this:

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by eddiehimself
Guys i think you've got completely the wrong idea lol. What he means is the fact that they are normal sized and shaped toms but they only have ONE HEAD. The actual number of drums on the kit is nothing to do with it, although admittedly they were around in the 70s and 80s when big kits were very much in fashion...

like this:

(Invalid img)

Yeah, I didn't mean the size of the kit, I just meant the ones without a reso head.
Love 'em, especially when they're tuned up kind of tight. They're about the only thing from the 80s that I'm sad fell out of fashion.
I always take the reso head off my toms. I started out doing it because I didn't want to tune the reso head. When I got better at tuning drums I still left them off because it's cheaper to not buy them. As my tast in music changed from 90's grundge and industrial to 30's jazz and old school R&B (ray charles, stevie wonder) I found that removing the reso head sounded better than leaving it on. So it's been about 15 years since my drumset has has a reso head on it. When I'm playing somebody elses drums I tend to stay away from the toms simply because having the extra head sounds strange to me now days.
Not taking any online orders.