Page 1 of 2
Here is the situation: Two friends and I are backpacking across Europe for a month or so. We head out late May and fly back late June. My uncle just so happens to be sailing across the Atlantic right now to spend time with his son stationed in Italy. He is sailing back late June. He would be able to use some extra deck hands and has offered for me and my friends to join him. We would be sailing to the Caribbean and then up to the Mississippi.

Here is how I feel. Sailing across the Motherfuking ATLANTIC OCEAN!!! When will I be able to do this again? This shit is unrealistic just to think about. It is highly dangerous but that is what makes it awesome. Thinking of storms, hurricanes, giant waves, and sharks does not scare me, it only makes the prospect that much more riskier and intriguing. One of my friends reply to this was, "what would we do on the boat?" I was like, "are you ****ing serious?" That is like asking Neil Armstrong what there was to do on the shuttle. It amazes me how something like this can sound so awesome to me and dull to him. My other friend is down but his parents not so much.

So my question to the pit is: should I leave my trip a little earlier (5 days or so), waste the return trip ticket (about $350) and join my uncle? Are all the risks worth it?
Last edited by MrOrang3 at Apr 24, 2011,
As long as it doesn't cost you extra, then YES!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Do it. Do not pass this opportunity up.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
i recommend getting all your bandmates into a van and slamming into a tree at 90mph
It may be dangerous, but I highly doubt your uncle would let you die.

That sounds really awesome. I'd go for it.
Sailing across the Atlantic would be an experience you'd never forget. It's the adventure of a lifetime.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Damn after watching some videos on youtube, I have a ore realistic picture of what this is going to be like.
Quote by supersac
do it
and take a guiatr and a laptop
cant be missing out on your journey here on ug

could he even get internet access this way?

To TS: I'd do it, and since it's so ahead of time, you might be able to get your money back(or at least some of it) from the return trip
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I will never forgive you if you don't.

Granted I don't know you, but seriously, do it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
You're not man enough, Ts.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by megano28
could he even get internet access this way?

To TS: I'd do it, and since it's so ahead of time, you might be able to get your money back(or at least some of it) from the return trip

I was wondering that too. Can't you get a refund for the return ticket?

Also: Do it! Even if you can't return the ticket.
Either way, the $350 are spent. Think about that.

Have a nice trip!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I'd prefer to feel bad about things I've done, than about things I haven't done. That said, just do it. I guess it'll be a nice experience.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Do eet. Oh and try and get one of those things that you plug into your laptop for wi-fi anywhere so you can let us know if you're about to die or something.
I've done a few long distance sailing trips (as in over 3 days underway) and thoroughly loved each and every one of them. I've never done a transat though it's been something I've always wanted to do. I say to TS, do it and don't think twice, you'll enjoy every minute of it.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Ladies love a sailor, TS.

And so do the men.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
see if you can find that medallion that bitch from titanic threw in the water for no fucking good reason

bitch

but yeah, go for it. did anybody else think he was telling that story from Friends when he said 'backpacking across Eu'?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by fleajr_1412
And so do the men.

And then there's Flea.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
And then there's Flea.

Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You WILL regret not having gone in the boat with your uncle when you die.
Eh Lol
Why are you not already on the damn boat?! GO!!!!!

But take pics and stuff, and share in a thread when you return
I'd easily do it. Maybe there'll be pirates you join fight!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I would do this, no question. You should definitley keep us posted if you go for it.

You won't be that bored... for one thing, you'll have be able to talk about all the epic stuff you did in Europe and the stuff you plan to do in the Carribean and USA
Quote by rgrockr
Sailing across the Atlantic would be an experience you'd never forget. It's the adventure of a lifetime.

Seriously this is probably the only chance you'll get to do it
Go for it.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I'd do anything for an opportunity like this, if you don't do this TS you'll regret it forever.
Page 1 of 2