I am planning to buy an American Standard Strat to upgrade from my cheap ass Aria guitar which is breaking apart slowly.

I am not planning to go playing gigs, so i dont need a huge amp, i do have a home studio so i need to be able to properly record my amp. So mainly studio and living room use. I was thinking about a Fender Blues JR amp. But i'd like ur opinion aswell ofcourse..

My playing style is bluesy, jazzy, poppy stuff and soft rock. Right now i own an orange (the tiny 12watt version) and i dont think the standard strat will sound at best through this tiny little amp.

so, shoot!
Your best bet would be to buy a multi effects system ie digitech, line 6 POD. Then get a digital interface (preferably one with two inputs). Connect your Multi effect to the interface then to your computer. Then you should be able to record with out any messy feedback.
All of this assuming you already have a PC should run you about $300-400. Depending upon what type of multi effects pedal you get. If you get one with an expression pedal, expect to pay somewhere between $100-200.
Quote by malmsteensolo
Your best bet would be to buy a multi effects system ie digitech, line 6 POD. Then get a digital interface (preferably one with two inputs). Connect your Multi effect to the interface then to your computer. Then you should be able to record with out any messy feedback.
All of this assuming you already have a PC should run you about $300-400. Depending upon what type of multi effects pedal you get. If you get one with an expression pedal, expect to pay somewhere between $100-200.

I do have a preamp with a guitar line input, but i dont feel like playing through the preamp + computer all the time. Next to that, there's nothing like recording a real amp, i'm not a big fan of the preamp recording sound. I own an Univeral Audio Solo 610.

Budget doesnt really matter, i'll pay it if it suits my needs. But obviously a huge amp wouldnt make much sense for a simple studio/living room use.
The Blues Junior is great, but the overdrive is a bit poor. It might be a bit loud for you, too. I use a Z Vex Nano head for home recording. Half a watt miniature tube head, goes from whisper-quiet clean to "loud vocalist" level full crunch. Get one, you won't be sorry!