Can anyone recommend some good songs to slap with bass? I just learned to do it properly and i would like to practice more. Anything from Jazz to Metal is alright. Prog is even better.
I can't slap to save my life, and most of my bass inspirations don't do it either. But I've heard a great many people suggest Higher Ground by the RHCP as a good one to start with. If you want to slap, you have to listen to funk. Larry Graham (he invented it; more or less) and Bootsy Collins are essentials.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I can't slap to save my life, and most of my bass inspirations don't do it either. But I've heard a great many people suggest Higher Ground by the RHCP as a good one to start with. If you want to slap, you have to listen to funk. Larry Graham (he invented it; more or less) and Bootsy Collins are essentials.

Thanks RHCP music suits great. And i thought of funk too, just needed recommendations. Thanks for those.
hilikus by incubus
charlie -rhcp
higher ground-rhcp
areoplane-rhcp
get on top -rhcp
and i think hump de bump by rhcp has some slap too
Thanks, it seems that lots of RHCP music has slapping, which is good because i like Flea's playing and the bands music.
Take the Power Back by RATM is a good one to start with as well!
Definatley look into Funk though!