The police force in New Orleans is "a significant threat to the safety of the public"

Page 1 of 2
http://www.newstatesman.com/north-america/2011/04/orleans-city-jail-police

I don't usually buy into knee-jerk anti-cop Hicks-fellatio hyphen-happy stuff, which makes this well worth reading. Note that this is from the New Statesman; not Alex Jones, not WorldNetDaily, not some loony fringe rubbish, not straight from a mind concealed by a tinfoil hat. You can't afford to tl;dr. Has anyone been affected by this?
Last edited by Cloaca at Apr 24, 2011,
Thing is, I'm sure New Orleans isn't the only place where the police force is a significant threat to the public. But I'm glad they're gonna change it, that shit's whack.
I live in the south and I see this kind of stuff ALL the time.

Recently, police refused to search for a missing man because they said he was on a "surprise" vacation...his body was found dead in a creek and his bank card had numerous charges on it from his kidnappers...he was black...just sayin.

I would much prefer to live in another country sometimes...
more like old orleans
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
They should have all the criminals as cops and vice versa.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Good read.

Best bit were the comments.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i'm so grateful that Europe has ECHR
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by djentman
The Yakuza is a good example of how that would actually work out well..

They're really not, mate.

Honestly never had a problem with the Police, I was inherently bought up not to trust them; but I can't lie and say they've ever ****ed with me when they shouldn't have.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom

Honestly never had a problem with the Police, I was inherently bought up not to trust them; but I can't lie and say they've ever ****ed with me when they shouldn't have.

Same: a few members of my family have been beaten up by cops and one was framed for a pretty awful crime (thankfully, he got cleared and compensated) so I wasn't raised to regard the cops with awe and respect like a lot of people are. However, all the ones I've come across have been decent enough

Fucking scum.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
wow, that's messed up.

the bit about the canines wasn't completely honest imo...when those dogs were trained to be observant of the officer and if their human partner is not careful about body language they can 'accidently' get jacked up by the dog because they believe that it was they are being told to do.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
wow, that's messed up.

the bit about the canines wasn't completely honest imo...when those dogs were trained to be observant of the officer and if their human partner is not careful about body language they can 'accidently' get jacked up by the dog because they believe that it was they are being told to do.

Hence the inability to control them. Nobody was blaming the dog.

Welcome to the deep south. Gotta keep them damn uppity niggers in check somehow.
Fucking racists.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

Welcome to the deep south. Gotta keep them damn uppity niggers in check somehow.
Fucking racists.

true but it happens everywhere, so they're kinda tacking it as if it's exclusive to N.O.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Old news to me. They were a danger to white citizens as well during Katrina. Illegally confiscating hunting rifles and beating an old lady.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
true but it happens everywhere, so they're kinda tacking it as if it's exclusive to N.O.
True. This is also happens in Chicago and LA. Just it's framed differently.
But cops protect and serve, you don't understand unless you've been in their shoes blah blah yadda yadda.
Well I guess we'll just have to remove the police from service. It's what the people will want. Ok then, let's go for it.

Do it. Just do it, I dare you.

Let's have an all out jungle fest like Katrina except 10x worse and this time no help at all will be given.
Quote by metalblaster
Well I guess we'll just have to remove the police from service. It's what the people will want. Ok then, let's go for it.

Let's have an all out jungle fest like Katrina except 10x worse and this time no help at all will be given.

What would the difference be?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by metalblaster

derp no one wants it gone everyone wants it stringently regulated derp

a cops for cops proposal is what I took from it.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by metalblaster

That wouldn't be 10x worse than Katrina - more like 1/10th as bad, seeing as Katrina was a major natural disaster followed by lawlesness.
Some are bad, some are good, like in all walks of life. Shouldn't be that way, of course, but it's too be expected
My God, it's full of stars!
One of these days, those retarded rent-a-cops will get us all killed..the only justice is vigilantejustice.
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That wouldn't be 10x worse than Katrina - more like 1/10th as bad, seeing as Katrina was a major natural disaster followed by lawlesness.

Yeah.

And new orleans doesn't have a massive amount of lawlessness that can only be barely kept suppressed by the authority system put in place?

Lawlessness was always there, when Katrina hit, it just gave them a chance to get whatever they want without having an obvious oppressive force constantly lurking anywhere. You put all these criminals, people who know they would be risking themselves by making a stupid decision to steal that 45'' flatscreen and break into some store to steal expensive stuff and put them into that situation of Katrina, and you have a massive cesspool full of parasites feeding on whatever they can regardless of how useless those objects are. They weren't stealing flatscreens and dvd's to go watch them when they got home. They stole them because they normally can't take valued objects for free at their own will. They did it just because they could.
Quote by metalblaster
Yeah.

And new orleans doesn't have a massive amount of lawlessness that can only be barely kept suppressed by the authority system put in place?

Lawlessness was always there, when Katrina hit, it just gave them a chance to get whatever they want without having an obvious oppressive force constantly lurking anywhere. You put all these criminals, people who know they would be risking themselves by making a stupid decision to steal that 45'' flatscreen and break into some store to steal expensive stuff and put them into that situation of Katrina, and you have a massive cesspool full of parasites feeding on whatever they can regardless of how useless those objects are. They weren't stealing flatscreens and dvd's to go watch them when they got home. They stole them because they normally can't take valued objects for free at their own will. They did it just because they could.

it's unlikely that they're going to lawless...get your head up on everyone else's level.
yo.

I BELIEVE
But cops protect and serve, you don't understand unless you've been in their shoes blah blah yadda yadda.

Cops don't protect anything or anyone. How many people can carry a cop in their back pocket and pull him out whenever someone attacks you?
Quote by chamisul
Cops don't protect anything or anyone. How many people can carry a cop in their back pocket and pull him out whenever someone attacks you?

I know, I was mocking the sort of excuses apologists always make when these sort of abuses make the news.

But you're partly wrong. Cops are usually very vigilant when it comes to protecting property.
Quote by Jackal58

Fucking racists.

Out of context sigged.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Reminds me of that movie with Nicolas Cage, port of call new orleans. The stories on that news report are almost as bad, if not worse in the case of the guy who shot a civilian who complained.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
One time I was in this protest march (with nurses!) which passed the garda station and some of the riot guards were standing outside. Nothing happened and it was a good day.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I love how the pit generally hates police officers. I've never met a police officer that i didn't highly respect, not because they had a badge but they were genuinely good people. I mean i hear a LOT of bad stories about police abusing their ranks which is repulsive but they aren't all that way
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Page 1 of 2