Well, I'm actually writing this thread for my dad.

He's looking for a nice amp, 30watt or less with a nice and clean tone, mainly to play blues and a touch of rock. Nothing heavy. Overdrive is also important, but not a priority.

He uses a Fender strat standard, a Gibson Darkfire and a Cort Z42 and the Amps are Fender 65R and Line 6 Spider III( ). He's looking to replace the spider for a hybrid or a tube amp, mainly small to play and fool around in the house. Lives in Israel and budget is about 250-350$ (Not new, a second handed amp) also might go abit over budget if it's worthwhile.

Also, just a side question: why don't people like Hybrids and prefer full tube amps so bad over them?
Most hybrid amps are just gimmicks. A company will stick one pre amp tube in the amp, which basically does nothing, and call it hybrid.

There are a lot of true hybrid amps out there though, however specific names escape me at the moment.

I don't know what kind of selection you guys have, but look into a Blackheart handsome devil, Blackstar Ht-5, Vox ac15cc1, peavey classic 30 (or 20 if you can find one), Bugera v22, or a Crate V/Palomino series amp.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Hmmph I read in the main thread that you probably won't get a tube amp that is for home practice, in the sense they're loud. Is this true? should i just get a hybrid/ss?
Quote by Mullahz
Hmmph I read in the main thread that you probably won't get a tube amp that is for home practice, in the sense they're loud. Is this true? should i just get a hybrid/ss?

You can use a tube amp anywhere you want, there are no rules.
Vox VT20+ is a good tube/solid state hybrid with tons of nice tones, Bugera V22 is a cheaper all-tube kind of Deluxe Reverb type amp and if you want something all-tube and a bit more expensive then the Fender Blues Junior is great.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
I'm getting great blues tones out of my Marshall MG15FX. Probably better than Fender OR Matchless!
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Vox Night Train, or the Night Train Mini Stack

maybe the Peavey Valveking...ignore what people tell you about it, its a might fine amp that pretty well does anything, plus its all tube

EDIT: OR go for the Bugera V22...its pretty good from what i've heard
Quote by ConfederateAxe
I'm getting great blues tones out of my Marshall MG15FX. Probably better than Fender OR Matchless!

Dream On.
Im serious. My MG15FX totally owns a Matchless Chieftain.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Dunno I live in a small country so about half of the ones suggested come outta the question

Considering Blackstar ht-5 so far and voxs and peavey mentioned, did some research on them will probably go try them out and pick which one I like.Also, I heard mostly bad things about the MG series, are they true?
No, if your willing to work at it, they sound awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Im serious. My MG15FX totally owns a Matchless Chieftain.

You are a terrible troll. Shoo, shoo.

OP: You can sure use a valve amp as a practise amp. It just that to really squeeze some heavenly juice out of a nice valve amp, you need to turn it up to at least 3 or 4. Thats where you start to push the amp a little and it really starts working for you. You may need to turn it up more for more gain, it just depends on what you want.

Valve amps can still sound good at low levels, and I find they also take pedals way better than solid-state/modeller/digital amps. Low wattage valve amps, which tend to be 5 watts, are still going to be too loud to crank up (to achieve the juice I was talking about earlier), this is why it is often said valve amps aren't really for bedroom levels.

But I say screw it. I'd buy a valve amp in his position. I'd take a look at the Fender Super Champ XD. It's a hybrid amp, but its hybrid in a tasty way. Has some cool bluesy fender models, marshall models, and if you really want hi-gain sounds (not exactly screaming brutal by any means though). But the first channel doesn't have a model per say, and instead is a nice clean valvey sound which breaks up very nicely when you can crank it. It compresses nicely at 4, with a hint of grit too.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.