if you get the hardtail version and swap the pickups itd be a pretty good guitar yeh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
NO! licensed floyd makes this an instant no. ^^^^the hardtail would be better
Well, nothing against trem systems, but the licensed floyd will just not stay in tune. A trem system can be fun and all (I have a decent one on my Fender), but they sometimes tend to mess up your tuning (especially the licensed floyd ones)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Kramer can make good guitars, no doubt - but careful with the licensed floyd, all I hear is how annoying/unreliable they are.

But, and I'm sure lots of people will agree that guitar is an ugly fecker.
call me ziggy.
Licensed floyds are a risk - there are some good ones, but a whole f*ckload of crappy ones that aren't worth it.
A hardtail is a safer bet - not a whole lot to mess up about those.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
The new Kramer's are made by Gibson/Epiphone. They are on par with the quality of mid to low end epiphones,same factory.

The new Kramer I purchased was a bust. Pot's didn't work right and the paint was all effed up. The back of the neck had a few dings in it as well. It wasn't even close to being set up either. It was the most disappointed NGD's I have ever had. Sent it back to Gibson and they replaced it and the guitar that was returned sits in it's box now.

If you want to spend that kind of money and really want a Kramer check out the "Focus" Line of Kramer. Same parts as the USA guitars with cheaper electronics. After 1986 all USA and Focus necks and bodies were made by ESP. You can usually find Focus guitars in the $200-$400 range. They made V's and offset V's. Be aware of local deals as well. I picked up a USA Kramer Pacer from a pawn shop in Texas for $125. You can't buy a OFR for that. Be aware of scammers too. I've seen Focus guitars advertised as US made *cough Ed Roman cough* don't be fooled. A lot of people put a lot of bad information out about Kramer's because there were so many different models. Don't believe anything an average person says about a vintage Kramer. You can check out my US made Kramer V aka Vanguard on my profile page. Came equipped with Schaller electronice and a real floyd rose. Paid $350 for it. You can't get a new guitar equipped that well for that price.

If you ever need more Kramer info feel free to stop by www.vintagekramer.com or message me personally. There is a lot of very good Kramer info there.

As with any typical Korean purchase make sure to play the guitar first and inspect it. Quality control out of the epiphone factory is very bad so I'm sure there are some good guitars and I know there are bad ones.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Last edited by Air_Vengeance at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by tim_snopro
Aren't the Licensed floyd systems a mark of quality in tremolo systems?

No. That's what they want you to think (LOL).

Quote by PsiGuy60
Licensed floyds are a risk - there are some good ones, but a whole f*ckload of crappy ones that aren't worth it.

+1

Quote by Wisthekiller
Don't not consider it just because of the licensed floyd, some are pretty good.

the kramer one isn't. Or at least the one I have on an older musicyo era striker isn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The bad part about "licensed FR's" is that the license ONLY implies ONE thing, the design. What materials they use to make it with is up to them. If it's a cheaper guitar, chances are the metal is lower quality cast metal. On the higher end ones, they will be made of harder metals that are machined parts. Cheap cast metal parts break real easy, and just wont hold together as tight. So the trem will go out of tune a lot easier, and eventually break easier. If you want a trem, make sure it is well made to avoid problems. Just my $.02
exactly, agreed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?