Hello folks,

My musical taste totally changed from metal to more (true) post-hardcore like stuff

I'm looking for a guitar which can sound 'twinkly' like:
this

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYvwXYs1x7w

But can do some 'harder' hardcore too

Budget will be like €1300-1600 so I was already thinking about a Gibson SG-3 or something but I could be completely wrong with that

Thanks
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Apr 24, 2011,
im gonna say a for that price range, a PRS would do a better job, gibsons arnt all that good for high gain
Yeah PRS is incredible. I've been using ESP for 8 years, got a PRS for a couple weeks and it shits on them. haha
If you're talking PRS in that range you'll be going for something like a Mira or Starla. They're both great guitars. An SG (or an SG3 if you can find one) will serve you well too (Tom Keeley was using SGs when he recorded Full Collapse). You could probably find a used Les Paul or ES-335 at that price (I got my ES-137 for $1400 and it's a totally boss guitar, especially for post-hardcore of all things). A lot of it is what style guitars you prefer.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Thanks a real lot guys!
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.