http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/o/oar/heard_the_world_crd.htm this is my new fav song. I can match my voice for the first part and the open G. Minor chords are hard for me to match. Now doing the beginning part i found the scale of the song.prob a g pent but i didnt go into it.

so i can match the G but what would be a single note for Am? I was thinking Ab but i wanted to make sure.

what im working on is matching single notes then working on chords. So its g am dm g dm g. Also what would be Dm on a single string? c#?

this is just basic stuff.

IM currently doing the aural training on justin guitar atm.
I
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
The single note for a minor chord is just the bass note, the same as for any other chord. So a single note for Am would just be A. The bass note is the same in the major and minor chord, it's the addition of other notes (sharps, 3rds, 5ths, that kind of thing) that makes it a minor. You'll find that when you play all the single notes together, some of the single notes will sound minor just because of the key it's in. Sounds really weird but you'll know what I mean when you play it
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
What you're doing isn't really "pitch matching" - there's no guarantee that the vocal melody will use the root note of the chord. It *might* be the root, but equally it *might* be the fourth, it *might* be the fifth, and indeed it could be any of the 12 chromatic pitches, or even anything in-between. Also you don't always have a single note sustained over a chord, quite ofen you'll have several notes because, well, that's what makes music interesting. The vocal notes are chosen for the way they interact with the chord, not simply because they match the chord.

If you want to sing the song then you need to listen to the recording and match the pitch of the singer, not the guitar part.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you want to sing the song then you need to listen to the recording and match the pitch of the singer, not the guitar part.

this helped me the most. I believe im a tenor i can get high. My old singing teacher said i was a tenor. Now that made a lot of sense what u said. I guess what im doing is trying have the guitar help me reach there pitch. But in some cases my upper registry is not warmed up as well as my chest and mix. I cannot hit the same pitch so a octave below will do better.

When that happens now how do i match pitch if its lower than reg recording?

make sense>?

also chest lots of air flow as i go into my higher registry if feel as if i have to push to get more power. Does this get better with practice. I dont push hard. But i want my higher registry to sound like my chest in means of power.

What can i do to achieve this?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Apr 25, 2011,
If you're trying to pitch the same note but an octave lower, it shouldn't really make a difference. Play the open low E string, then the open high E string, you can tell that it's the same note but different octave. If you're ear is well trained then you shouldn't have a problem with matching the same note at a different octave
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
My ear isnt well trained hence the problem heh ty for help. Im learning intervals atm thru justinguitar.com

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by makutoid
Play the open low E string, then the open high E string, you can tell that it's the same note but different octave.

Although that's two octaves difference, and would come across quite strange in the song

I knew what you meant, though, just being annoying
As well as trying to match a pitch with your voice you can always do it the other way too - sing a note, then try and find it on the guitar. It's just another way of getting yourself into the habit of recognising the pitches you're singing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com