quick question here, i cant find alot of information of the topinc but here i go:
yesterday i was in a local guitar store and they had a 7 string used flying V for sale all black. even the pickguard was black for 450$ it had holes for 3 knobs but there was only 1 pot/knob, 2 were empty.

on the headstock there was nothing except the truss rod cover that said gibson.
the price tag on the other hand said epiphone.

so can anyone tell me if its a gibson or not? if it is im probably gonna try to grab it soon
Headtstock would say Gibson not trussrod cover. Epi's often have a TR labelled Gibson because they're owned by Gibson.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Headtstock would say Gibson not trussrod cover. Epi's often have a TR labelled Gibson because they're owned by Gibson.

They usually don't. No Epiphone made today has 'Gibson' on the truss rod cover. If an Epiphone that is claimed to be new and has 'Gibson' on the truss rod cover, it's either been replaced, or the guitar is a fake.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 24, 2011,
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask you, been playing for 2 years, really improving, and I need ? new electric, I got An ibanez grg170dx with locking tuners, but it sounds like shit and I want another one to add to my collection, I'm the classic rock alternative kinda guy, planning to get a blackstar ht something amp and an epiphone les paul, or sg, I'm confused anyone? Help
Quote by guerilaliberate
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask you, been playing for 2 years, really improving, and I need ? new electric, I got An ibanez grg170dx with locking tuners, but it sounds like shit and I want another one to add to my collection, I'm the classic rock alternative kinda guy, planning to get a blackstar ht something amp and an epiphone les paul, or sg, I'm confused anyone? Help

Here's my advice. Start a new thread.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
first off its used for sure.
secondly the headstock says nothing but has the same truss rod cover as my gibson flying V but in black.

alot of the electronics were missing so there is a possiblilty it ould be a gibson for 450$

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/153657-gibson-7-string-v.html

its like that V on the top of the page, but with passives and dot inlays
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Apr 24, 2011,
Quote by Seanthesheep
first off its used for sure.
secondly the headstock says nothing but has the same truss rod cover as my gibson flying V but in black.

alot of the electronics were missing so there is a possiblilty it ould be a gibson for 450$

Look on the Gibson website for any 7 string V's that look like the one you're talking about. I've never heard of Gibson doing a 7 string Flying V
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Look on the Gibson website for any 7 string V's that look like the one you're talking about. I've never heard of Gibson doing a 7 string Flying V

You haven't seen all............

In 2000 there was an Epiphone Korina Flying V with 7 strings.........

Korina Flying V 7-String

Epiphone Korina Flying V 7-String2000
Two Alnico Classic humbuckers
Gold hardware
Alder with Korina Veneers
String-thru design
Set Mahogany neck
Scale Length: 24.75"
1.68" nut
Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
Colors: Korina or Black
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They usually don't. No Epiphone made today has 'Gibson' on the truss rod cover. If an Epiphone that is claimed to be new and has 'Gibson' on the truss rod cover, it's either been replaced, or the guitar is a fake.

they don't have "gibson" trussrod covers anymore, but no more than a few years ago it was very common for them to have truss rod covers that have it written in vertical lettering.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
so its an epiphone most likely? well either way im gonna go back soon and check it out because its a nice looking seven string and it it feels nice and comfortable then fixed up it should should pretty awesome
Quote by Blompcube
they don't have "gibson" trussrod covers anymore, but no more than a few years ago it was very common for them to have truss rod covers that have it written in vertical lettering.

Yes, the Elitists also had this on their trus rod covers, at my two did.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Yes, the Elitists also had this on their trus rod covers, at my two did.

my 1998 sheraton has it, too... i have a '99 SG custom that i think has it too - i can't remember, actually
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.