I recorded a new tone test track the other day and today i spent mixing it

*** http://soundcloud.com/sherdanimal ***

The top track, and as title suggests, forgive the lack of bass guitar, i left my bloody usb lead for my fast track at school so i cant record the bass parts for a few days :\

Whats your opinion? It still needs fine tuning on making guitars more crunchy, but i cant find the freq for it, personally i think my friends guitar i recorded with didnt have enough punch. Bloody dull strings!

Chain:
ESP EC-II -> Maxon OD9pro+ -> ISP Decimator -> 6505 -> Orange 4x12 loaded with V30's -> Shure 57 (between off axis and centre) -> Fast Track Pro -> Cubase 5

Drums with Superior v.2 avatar kit

*I'd love production critique over musicality critique*

Cheers UGers x
Everything owes its existence solely and completely to sound.

Sound is the factor which holds it together.
Last edited by NattyBoy at Apr 24, 2011,
It sounds good man!

For me the cymbals are a little bit loud in the mix, just a little though. The snare also sounds a little flat, needs fattening out.

But i'm being a little critical maybe.
Agreed about the cymbals! I'm gunna try to get more of an accent in them if possible, if memory serves i think i do this with a compressor with a slow attack... but trial and error always works

Cheers for the feedback guys Will post an updated mix in about 3 dayts once ive gotten my lead from school :p its close for ANZAC day and Easter atm.
Everything owes its existence solely and completely to sound.

Sound is the factor which holds it together.