I play music such as Avenged Sevenfold,System Of A Down and Green Day and will only be using the amp for home practice but I like a wide range of different sounds so will the 30 watt be enough or should I save some more money to get the 75 watt?
There's barely any difference in between the both, but the 75 has a USB out, and a power sponge. If you're just practicing at home, the extra 45 watts and the USB are not worth it. Go with the 30.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I currently use the 75 for home use and i love it, the power sponge gives it that turned up sound without actually being turned up.
And the USB makes it easy to record to your PC.

But if you don't need these things then you're probably better off with the 30
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
I'd say just get the 30. If you really need to record with it, you can just use the headphone output.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I have the vypyr 15 and it is PLENTY loud for bedroom practicing. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 30 or the 75, but for $100 bucks you can't go wrong
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I'd say just get the 30. If you really need to record with it, you can just use the headphone output.

This. It's what I'm doing at the minute.
Though, if you're recording, I would recommend getting another way to do so. I will be hopefully fairly soon.
Stick with the 30. I honestly have no idea why you'd want a built in attenuator on a solid state amp...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Stick with the 30. I honestly have no idea why you'd want a built in attenuator on a solid state amp...

In case you're too lazy to turn the volume down
/rig
Quote by Metal Militia
I have the vypyr 15 and it is PLENTY loud for bedroom practicing. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 30 or the 75, but for $100 bucks you can't go wrong
I have the 15 as well but the extra stompbox selection and 12" speaker on the 30 make it worth the extra hundred. Also the 15 can't be updated and IIRC there was an update for the other models that corrected some issues with an overly agressive noise gate.
I have the 75 because I need it to compete with a drummer at practice, but the 30 is an absolutely incredible value, especially when you go used. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a better practice amp for ~$150.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if its just being used as a home practice, then get a 30 watt.
if you're going to use it as home practice, band, or gigs, get a 60 watt tube one.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Quote by coolstoryangus
I don't think you'd be able to update the 30 either surely since it has no usb?
Update via midi. Quote from the update instructions....

MIDI is not generally the best format for transferring large
firmware files, but in order to enable our VYPYR 30 customers to update their amp, we chose to use MIDI across the board.
I'm thinking about getting the 30W Vypyr for home practice (my microcube's distortion really doesn't cut it, even though the cleans are brilliant on it). Is the distortion good for both heavy and classic metal, and would you be able to notice a pickup change through it?
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.