I'm going to get some new guitar strings for my electric guitar soon. I'm not sure what to get though. Right now I have Dean Markley strings i think theya re the blue steel ones. They are a really thin guage though I think the box said they were 9s. I want something thicker though. I'm thinking about buying some Ernie Balls or something. Anyone have any suggestions?
i always go with elixirs, nice sound and last for a while, also if you want thicker then go up to 10's then if there still abit thin for you go up to 11's next time you need a new set. Hope this helps
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

The only way you can find out what strings you like is by trying as many different kinds as possible.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Be careful going up in gauges. A big jump in string gauge and you may have to re-setup your guitar.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Buy 10's if you want a thicker guage string. I use Rotosounds because they last for quite a while. When I used to use Ernie Balls, they would rust quite quickly, even though I did wipe them down after every use. But it's all about preference.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Archer18 at Apr 24, 2011,