I got an Epiphone Les Paul a few years ago and I've been playing it ever since. However I've done no upgrades or anything to it. I'm stuck between upgrading what I have now (as I still love this thing) and getting something new.

What should I do?
and also, I'm looking at new pickups if I just upgrade what I have now. I like kinda sludgy tones. What should I look into?
I'll need to know that at some point anyway so I figure I might as well ask now
If you love the feel, then by all means, keep the guitar. How the guitar feels is the most important part of it!

Here are the basic questions:
What Amp do you have?
What is your Budget?
What bands do you want to sound like (we all want our own sound, obviously, but which do you want to emulate?)
Are guitar shops available, or can you order online?

Any other info about what you'd like would really help us help you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
If you love the feel, then by all means, keep the guitar. How the guitar feels is the most important part of it!

Here are the basic questions:
What Amp do you have?
What is your Budget?
What bands do you want to sound like (we all want our own sound, obviously, but which do you want to emulate?)
Are guitar shops available, or can you order online?

Any other info about what you'd like would really help us help you.

I still have my starter amp lol, I need to look into another amp as well.
I have a few hundred I could spend to start with. Like $300 - $400 somewhere. Give or take.
Mainly Doom and Sludgy bands like Electric Wizard, Weedeater, Sleep, stuff like that.
and I can do either one, it's a bit of a drive to a shop though but I don't mind that.
upgrades to a guitar, like changing pickups and things like that, are useless, buy a new guitar
been there, done that. NOT,NOT... respectively
Electric Wizards is kick-ass! I, personally, am a huge fan of the Bareknuckle Pickups Nailbomb for heavily distorted stuff. It's a moderately high output pickup that is very clear when you have the tone knob dimed, and can muddy up with some knob twisting. Versatile pickup, and if coupled with a Big Muff, can really get some gritty, drawling tones.

Another idea might be to wait a little bit, get a bit more money, and start looking into a new amp. I would recommend this option. With $450-$500 you can get a used Hot Rod Deluxe or maybe a Deville, which are great for sludge (all Fender amps are coupled with Fuzz) and a Muff. The amp will make much more change than the pickups, that's for sure.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by thegear
upgrades to a guitar, like changing pickups and things like that, are useless, buy a new guitar

How so?
@ Rooster I love Electric Wizard
and thanks, I'll have to look into that