Is an epiphone dr-100 a good buy, are there any other similarly priced guitars on the market that are better? Thanks- Sam
For a first guitar it's not bad. But the last one I played (similar to yours) did seem to have a pretty high action.
In that price range the Epi is pretty good, but it will need a setup, so factor in another $25 or so. You could also go with the PR-150 which I think is the best guitar under $150. I have 4 Epi's, one is the PR-100 (basically now called DR-100) a Hummingbird from 1994 and two Masterbilts. I also have 3 other guitars that are pretty nice but my Epi's are my faves!

If you do want to try something else I'd say check out any Yamaha in your price range they make good stuff too.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
In that price range the Epi is pretty good, but it will need a setup, so factor in another $25 or so. You could also go with the PR-150 which I think is the best guitar under $150. I have 4 Epi's, one is the PR-100 (basically now called DR-100) a Hummingbird from 1994 and two Masterbilts. I also have 3 other guitars that are pretty nice but my Epi's are my faves!

If you do want to try something else I'd say check out any Yamaha in your price range they make good stuff too.

What a coincidence that you mentioned the PR-150. I just bought one today. It's pretty good for the price and it has the "bellowing bass" which some people like and some don't. It still has the treble but it resonates...alot. I compared it to other guitars and ended up picking up this instead of a $240 fender and a $300 Taylor. It sounds really good compared to those and it is $130(at GC).
Thanks for that, i am also thinking about the yamaha f310, any opinions if the epiphone isn't the one for me?
Are you buying online? If so, I can no longer be of any help. my advice is to go to a music store and try the Yamaha and Epiphone. I loved it alot better than the other ones I tried and I don't know the exact model of the Yamahas I tried but both (around $200) were a little too bright-sounding and the neck was very uncomfortable. Although, it might not have been the f310, so just go and try it out.