Hey guys, just posting to see if anyone has had an experience with Adam Black guitars, in particular, the Libra model.

I play rhythm guitar in an alternative pop-punk band (yes I know... so having the best guitar isn't the most important thing in the world, especially when I'm on a limited budget.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/adam-black-libra-lsr-black-white-black/25530

Mainly wondering what is the sound like? Are they reliable? Are they durable?

Thanks guys.
my old Rhythm guitarist had one. I was blown away for the price! I say go for it. I don't know what the original PUPs are like as he replaced them with some Seymore Duncans ERY impressed with the guitar (And I'm a Les/Top end Strat player).
To be honest I'd love to be able to try it out first before I actually go for it, but nowhere stocks it locally. Dawsons is the only real big music store chain in Northern Ireland and they don't sell them.
To be honest even if it sounds bad I could always fit in a new bridge pickup. I'd mainly be using it anyways.

What genre of music is/was it that your old rhythm guitarist played with his AB?
i tried one (not the same model) in the music galleria in lisburn a couple of years ago. Wasn't bad for the price. IIRC they had several models in stock.

They might not have them now, but they'd be worth a ring or email just in case they do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 25, 2011,
yeah i think they might be. Not 100% sure, but they might be.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i tried one (not the same model) in the music galleria in lisburn a couple of years ago. Wasn't bad for the price. IIRC they had several models in stock.

They might not have them now, but they'd be worth a ring or email just in case they do.

Cheers man, I'll try and get in some day to see if they have any.

And thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated. Do yous reckon it would give a decent pop-punk / punk-rock sound, both clean and distorted? I know it mainly comes down to the amp though.
ring or email them first (unless you happen to be in lisburn anyway), as it was a couple of years ago that I tried it... they might not even stock them any more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ring or email them first (unless you happen to be in lisburn anyway), as it was a couple of years ago that I tried it... they might not even stock them any more.

Cheers for the help man
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?