I play a LOT of metallica and other fast metal songs and i love kirk hammett.

But Would Sound over looks be a good option?

Ad is the kh-202 any good for my style?
Avoid it. Cheap signature models are not worth putting money on because most of your money will be on royalties rather than a quality instrument. They are often very overpriced.

The guitar has a liscenced floyd rose, which are often a pain in the ass to keep in tune and they wear out quickly. The guitar uses generic ESP pickups as well, rather than EMG pickups which are what Kirk actually uses. ESP pickups arent great.

I would advise to get a fixed bridge guitar instead because cheap floyd roses are horrible
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 24, 2011,
Well the new models have a fr special I believe...I would probAbly buy new pups for it to be honest
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
^ the FR special is no better (or different for that matter) than a licensed unit.

I would pass. the guitar is nothing like the one that kirk plays, other than both are black super strats. your money would be far better spent going to a guitar shop and playing as many guitars as you can, and figuring out what you like
The LTD Artist 200 series are really overpriced.

If you were considering buying new, there are much, much better options. You could buy an LTD Deluxe used for the price of an Artist 200 new.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Avoid the KH-202, Overpriced and under featured
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Yeah I'd avoid this model, it's just a marketing gimmick really, Kirk Hammets guitar's are ALLOT better than that particular model. And I personally would'nt be seen dead with another artist's signature on my axe.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Yeah I'd avoid this model, it's just a marketing gimmick really, Kirk Hammets guitar's are ALLOT better than that particular model. And I personally would'nt be seen dead with another artist's signature on my axe.

Well I got one and this is what I changed before I called it a guitar:

FR Special was crap that went out of tune , replaced with OFR black
Tuners replaced with Grover mini-lockers
PUPS are now EMGs 85 and 60X
Elixer 10-46 strings
Trem posts with hardened steel ones.
Block on trem with large brass block
Neck because the stock thin U warped after 5 months in careful storage
I replaced it with a thin C profile with sharktooth inlays
Modded body with Mummy II design

Guitar now total kicks @ss so ya don't buy the KH-202 , go with the KH-2 unless you like spending money to make it stage worthy