A second-hand Marshall JMP master volume 2x12 combo (model 2203 / 2204).
I'm getting buried with mine when I die.

Failing that, there's not much really. Laney VC15, Egnater Rebel 30, Orange Terror, Hughes & Kettner Statesman.

Try this site: http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=tube_guitar_combos&oa=pra

I've got a Laney VC15 and it's great. The internal speaker is a bit poor but I plug mine into a 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s, which is a vast improvement. Even a 1x12 would help.
thanks everyone. i play mostly vai type stuff and some cleans. i would prefer an amp that did everthing. i have a cort z44 and a pod hd500.
traynor ycv50b from thomann? (~£400, depending on the exchange rate)

that's if you're going new... don't know of much that's better at that kind of money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One of the Blackstar HT series would probs be the best shout then.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here
ENGL Screamer?

Its 4 channels ( sort of ) and can run midi alongside your POD.

Go for around £500 all the time.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah if you're talking used the screamer is up there.

But the problem with used is that you never know when a kickass deal might flukily come along.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just looked at Engl screamers cos this thread peaked me, two are going, one at £500-ish (with a flightcase) and one at £350 (buy it now, collect from Bristol).

I had no idea amps went for that decent price!

But yeah, it's hard to say a "best combo" for £500...we need more info!

It depends, because the best clean combo will be different to the best metal combo for that price. And they're two pretty vague terms, it goes much deeper than that!
Here's my advice: If you like your Pod, get a decent power amp for it along with a used cab.

You could probably grab a 212 and a power amp for that price. I don't know conversions off the top of my head, but I know that 500 pounds or whatever it is is like 650 USD?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Just looked at Engl screamers cos this thread peaked me, two are going, one at £500-ish (with a flightcase) and one at £350 (buy it now, collect from Bristol).

I had no idea amps went for that decent price!

But yeah, it's hard to say a "best combo" for £500...we need more info!

It depends, because the best clean combo will be different to the best metal combo for that price. And they're two pretty vague terms, it goes much deeper than that!

The problem is people dont like shipping amps and they end up going cheap.

Hell half the time you can message the seller and convince them to let you organise a courier via parcel2go or whatever.
Bugera 333XL ?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by coolstoryangus
The problem is people dont like shipping amps and they end up going cheap.

Hell half the time you can message the seller and convince them to let you organise a courier via parcel2go or whatever.

Yeah, I just wish I got my Cornford Roadhouse 30 from Ebay a bit cheaper. Got £200 off the new price and had to pick it up with a £12 train ride (luckily my bassist was getting a new amp on the same day so when he drove back he conveniently passed through the town I was collecting in to get me home).
screamer id say.

played a rebel 30 combo today and its a nice amp yes, but its out of budget id say, a used renagade is what id go for ;D
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
There are some great suggestions above. I would recommend something like the Blackstar HT-20, Engl gigmaster or something in the Bugera range.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly