Does anybody know where to by (legit) Klotz cables in the UK at a decent price? I need to replace a few cables in my rig that broke today. (Neutrik jacks preferred but it's not that important tbh)

NB1: I've tried most cables on the market, I am not after planet waves/monster/anything like that. Klotz (La Grange or AC110) is what I am looking for.

NB2: I don't have my workstation in working order currently so unfortunately soldering my own is out of the question.

EDIT:
CorduroyEW has been kind enough to offer to order a spool of 100m of cable to sell at a discounted price should we be able to buyers for the full 100m. So if you're interested make yourself heard!

25/100 meters of cable are accounted for so far
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Last edited by power freak at May 8, 2011,
yo lewis

thomann used to do them but don't seem to any more.

You could maybe try contacting kabl? He used to do them, but stopped because he got a dodgy roll and switched to van damme. But I seem to remember reading (I think... he's registered over at musicradar, and here too i think) that he could do klotz on request. Could be wrong, though.

http://www.kablonline.com/index.html

(I haven't used them myself but a bunch of people on musicradar have... i think his name over there is rob davies or something like that?)

EDIT: I just checked the "custom cables" section and it looks like he can make cables with any cable type.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 25, 2011,
How many do you need at what sizes? I might be able to help you out. Klotz wire has really gone up in price over the last year and the Lagrange wire can not be perchased in bulk anymore so you have to order presized cables which is more expensive, but I can still get you a price if you are interested.

Edit, so did I permanetly convert you to klotz cables then? I never thought I'd fall in love with cables untill I ordered a 100 meter spool of wire from them (which is now gone). Now I can't stand anything else.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Apr 25, 2011,
Just did some checking and here are the wholesale prices for premade lagrange cables all the prices are in euros and do not include VAT

1.5 meter 24.00
3 meter 25.00
4.5 meter 27.00
6 meter 28.00
9 meter 31.00

There suggested retail prices are only about 7% higher than the wholesale price on the premade stuff so there isn't much of a mark up and when you take into account the fact that you still have to pay shipping from germany and making a payment with telegraphic transfer adds another 25 quid to the total price, these things are not cheap.

On the other hand, a 100 meter spool of the AC110 cable can be had for 150 euros plus VAT and shipping. Suggest retail is about 60% more so there is a much greater savings. If we found enough people to utilize a full 100 meter spool, or more, then I could arrange something. Then for those whole want their cables built for them, they could order the jacks they want, ship them to me, and I'll turn them into custom size cables for 3 quid each.

Anybody interested? If not thats fine. Klotz is expensive now days.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yo lewis

thomann used to do them but don't seem to any more.

You could maybe try contacting kabl? He used to do them, but stopped because he got a dodgy roll and switched to van damme. But I seem to remember reading (I think... he's registered over at musicradar, and here too i think) that he could do klotz on request. Could be wrong, though.

http://www.kablonline.com/index.html

(I haven't used them myself but a bunch of people on musicradar have... i think his name over there is rob davies or something like that?)

EDIT: I just checked the "custom cables" section and it looks like he can make cables with any cable type.

Dave my friend, long time no speak!

I used to use Van Damme, which is basically the same as Mogami 2524 (there's a subtle difference but not much) but compared to klotz it doesn't compare.. Although VD is more flexible which is useful. Btw when I was searching for klotz on google about 4 of your threads turned up on the first page.

Quote by CorduroyEW
How many do you need at what sizes? I might be able to help you out. Klotz wire has really gone up in price over the last year and the Lagrange wire can not be perchased in bulk anymore so you have to order presized cables which is more expensive, but I can still get you a price if you are interested.

Edit, so did I permanetly convert you to klotz cables then? I never thought I'd fall in love with cables untill I ordered a 100 meter spool of wire from them (which is now gone). Now I can't stand anything else.

Ha, yes, after trying that klotz cable nothing else compares! I've tried most of the expensive stuff (evidence, cornish, van den hul, vovox etc.) but so far nothing has come close to the klotz quality IMO. The really high end stuff sounds really "artificial" and almost like using a wireless, I prefer my cables to be "cable-like".

I had noticed that the price is significantly higher than it was.. I only need a couple of 10ft-ers at the moment, maybe a third for a back up. My rig is so simple these days I don't really need any patch leads; long gone are the days of my W-D-W stereo set up!

Btw Chris; have you played around with the CC styled pickups any more? I'm still digging these things. Through a polytone the sound is beautiful! Any other new interesting experiments to note?

I have considered ordering klotz from lava in the US, but given it's a german company I'm convinced there must be a cheaper/less hassle option from europe at the very least but maybe I'm wrong.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I did to some more work on them after the ones I sold to you but over the last year or so I've been very ill and haven't done any R&D. Simply keeping up with orders hasn't always been possible and I've even had to turn down sales. Thats part of the reason I've only posted here a handfule last year. I'm doing much better now and amp hoping to get a comercial version of the CC pickup ready for when I redo my website.

Back to the wire. Sounds like you need about 10m of wire. at 1.50 per meter. With German VAT and all the other hidden costs, like shipping, that's going to bring the wire cost up to about 22.00 euros for 10 meters. If there are another 9 people that want 10 meters of wire then that'll be a pretty good price for all involved. I'd be doing this as a Favor to UG members and not making any money so if there are 10 people that are interested...
Hey, can we do this in May, after I get my paycheck? If so, I could use 10m. I live in Germany though, how much would it cost to ship it back here?
Quote by CorduroyEW
I did to some more work on them after the ones I sold to you but over the last year or so I've been very ill and haven't done any R&D. Simply keeping up with orders hasn't always been possible and I've even had to turn down sales. Thats part of the reason I've only posted here a handfule last year. I'm doing much better now and amp hoping to get a comercial version of the CC pickup ready for when I redo my website.

Back to the wire. Sounds like you need about 10m of wire. at 1.50 per meter. With German VAT and all the other hidden costs, like shipping, that's going to bring the wire cost up to about 22.00 euros for 10 meters. If there are another 9 people that want 10 meters of wire then that'll be a pretty good price for all involved. I'd be doing this as a Favor to UG members and not making any money so if there are 10 people that are interested...

I'm sorry to hear about the health issues.

I'll look forward to seeing the commercial versions of these beauties!

That'd be great if we could get a UG order for this stuff going.

EDIT: I'll also phone a few of my friends later to see if anybody else is in need of cables, might be able to get us upto the magic 10 people.
Last edited by power freak at Apr 25, 2011,
Quote by RockGuitarist09
Yeah, i get my klotz from here. If you're not near one of their stores http://guitarguitar.co.uk

Unless I'm being retarded they don't have La Grange cables, they have the low end stuff and the titanium series.

The PMT site is the same, they may have them in stores but it's not exactly convenient for me to take a trip to somewhere which may/may not have the cable I want.

But thanks for the suggestion...

http://www.hwaudio.co.uk/product/klotz_93736.aspx

Has what I want for £20 a pop; but I'm hoping there are better options. I was hoping somebody was doing a "made to measure" like service at a lower price.

They do have the high end stuff but it's 55 quid for 4.5 meters. I've questioned Klotz about what they are using in their Titanium series and have gotten no answers but given the specs they list, I'm guessing it's the 110 cable.
Quote by CorduroyEW
They do have the high end stuff but it's 55 quid for 4.5 meters. I've questioned Klotz about what they are using in their Titanium series and have gotten no answers but given the specs they list, I'm guessing it's the 110 cable.

According to the klotz site the titanium is a totally different beast to the ac110. It has a higher capacitance and it appears to be a repackaged "rockmaster" whatever that may be.

I believe the Joe Bonamassa to be a repackaged 110 but I can't be totally sure.

^on the dealers website they give us different stats than on the consumer website.
Quote by CorduroyEW

Im in need of another klotz cable, so Im definitely interested
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by power freak
Dave my friend, long time no speak!

I used to use Van Damme, which is basically the same as Mogami 2524 (there's a subtle difference but not much) but compared to klotz it doesn't compare.. Although VD is more flexible which is useful. Btw when I was searching for klotz on google about 4 of your threads turned up on the first page.

Yeah I was going to pick up a klotz when kabl used to do them, didn't get round to it and then they stopped.

Ditto with thomann.

That's kind of the story of my life, i never get round to it then kick myself later.

Occasionally it works out, though, I've dodged a few bullets by never getting round to doing anything too

Quote by CorduroyEW
I did to some more work on them after the ones I sold to you but over the last year or so I've been very ill and haven't done any R&D.

Oh man I didn't realise you were ill, I'm really sorry to hear that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CorduroyEW
^on the dealers website they give us different stats than on the consumer website.

That's interesting... I wonder why that is?

Quote by Dave_Mc

Yeah I was going to pick up a klotz when kabl used to do them, didn't get round to it and then they stopped.

Ditto with thomann.

That's kind of the story of my life, i never get round to it then kick myself later.

Occasionally it works out, though, I've dodged a few bullets by never getting round to doing anything too

I've got to the point where I don't want to mess with my rig too much. All I'll do is update some stuff (like grabbing a couple of celestion blues and getting a quality volume pedal like a goodrich or something.) Problem is this still doesn't stop me looking and trying stuff.

at guitarguitar i got mine for 20 each. (10m la grange) This was because i bought a pod hd500 and they gave me them half price.
Quote by power freak

I've got to the point where I don't want to mess with my rig too much. All I'll do is update some stuff (like grabbing a couple of celestion blues and getting a quality volume pedal like a goodrich or something.) Problem is this still doesn't stop me looking and trying stuff.

yeah same here. On the one hand i want to try the la granges/ac110 because of all the good i've heard (and until recently anyway, it was decent value in europe), but on the other I don't want it to show up the van dammes to the extent I have to replace all my cables either...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wanted to bump this but give more than simply saying "BUMP." I've managed to sell off 15 meters of cable, off UG, and I've registered as a dealer of neutrik so I can get us some top shelf jacks at about 2 quid each, give or take.

As soon as we have a total of 100 meters claimed we can get the cable ordered. It looks like we are at 25m firm and a handful of maybes.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I wanted to bump this but give more than simply saying "BUMP." I've managed to sell off 15 meters of cable, off UG, and I've registered as a dealer of neutrik so I can get us some top shelf jacks at about 2 quid each, give or take.

As soon as we have a total of 100 meters claimed we can get the cable ordered. It looks like we are at 25m firm and a handful of maybes.

I think we'll have to admit defeat here Chris.. Unless anybody else expresses an interest after this (disguised) bump.

I had a phone round just about everybody I know who might be interested but nobody was in the market for new cables at the moment.