I love the overdriven stratty' sound from Pearl Jam's Alive. What would be a good amp to look into that would compliment single coil pickups?
what's your budget?

From memory, I'd say something in the vintage marshall type vein. But I could be way off, I'm pretty terrible at recognising tones from records (apart from really obvious ones).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's called wikipedia Mike McCready used Fender Twin amps into a Fender Bassman cab. So you're looking for the American tone rather than the British.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
twin reverbs are ridiculously loud. Unless you're playing really big rooms that ting will choke because you can't open it up enough. Try something lower wattage like a deluxe reverb. It will break up more easily. And it's much lighter.

--m
www.knobtwiddler.net
ahahahaha i guess i was way off
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
vindicated
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
clone with power scaling?

Or even a clone of one of the cheaper, lower wattage marshalls would probably work at a pinch (e.g. 18 watter).

Or just get something which has a marshally-voiced OD channel, which'd be more versatile too (e.g. traynor ycv50b).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?