Basically, I have been playing with my band for a while now and have been gigging a Vox AD100VT combo. Don't get me wrong, its sounds decent enough at home, but I just feel that when we play live and even in practice, it just doesn't quite cut through well enough. Its suffered quite a few battle scars cosmetically (all the handles have torn off, worst design ever) and won't be worth all too much I don't think. To get funds i will be getting a job and potentially selling gear (microkorg , pedals, etc) and probably going to aim around the £400-£550 mark.
I play a Fender Lite Ash tele as standard, as well as my much worked epiphone sg with duncan invader/59 pups. I am the rhythm guitarist and the best way to describe our sound is on here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stealing-The-Process/163305207054118?sk=app_2405167945 . Heads are desirable in terms of transport, especially things like the Hayden mofo and Orange dual terror, but combos are more than welcome. Thanks a lot guys
Marshall DSL combo. Or an Orange sounds like it would be very much up your route. Your sound isnt that 'heavy' so a lot of amps will be viable at that point. If you don't already have a cabinet - then at your price range I'd look for a combo. I'm not to familiar with prices in the UK so I can't recommend a ton of stuff.
Traynor ycv 50 blue. I think thomann or someone is selling them at around that price.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yah the traynor, the jet city 50 watt combo could be worth a look too.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-guitar-amps/pid18810/cid557/jet-city-jca5212rc-50-watt-all-tube-reverb-combo-display-stock-clearance.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping

There is 1 at andertons for 549.
Not the biggest fan of 2x12 combos myself but this is worth a look. Not as much gain as the 50 watt heads as far as i know. Since it uses the soldano crunch circuit.
Hayden Mofo will nail that, trust me. I just got the Mini Mofo and it seems almost catered to hard rock. I'm probably going to do a NAD thread soon with some clips if you wanna hear it.

The Traynor's a good shout as well, if you're after a combo
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Check out Laney VC30. I have the VC15 and I think the VC series can do hard rock sounds nicely.
Thanks a lot for the responses guys! All the amps seem good suggestions, I don't know a lot about the Traynor but it seems to crop up all the time with positive remarks. If it helps tone wise, the lead in the band plays a DSL100 head through a mr1936 cab Also, scanning the forums, I came across converting an old combo to a cab, would this be worth a try with my current amps standard Vox speakers? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068679
Get a used JCM 800 dual channel.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by gregs1020
Traynor ycv 50 blue. I think thomann or someone is selling them at around that price.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?